Day 3
We enjoyed a tasty breakfast and made our way over to the Luxor to get tickets for the Bodies exhibit. I wasn't too excited about this one. I have a bit of a weak stomach, but this was right up Victor's alley and he was pretty stoked to walk through it.
It had preserved bodies and all sorts of information. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Thank goodness! It was fun and we all learned something!
We then went out in search of the Mexican restaurant Pink Taco. It is in the Hard Rock Hotel and I have to admit, this looked like a fun place to stay! Our meal was excellent! Calorie packed I am sure, but scrumptious! It was pretty quiet while we were all stuffing our faces. We had a good time picking out Pink Taco memorabilia after too!
I ordered the tacos the restaurant was named after, yummy!
We then walked around and did some shopping. This is at the new City Center in the middle of the strip. The little tornado things were cool, we were all impressed.
Krista looking so stinkin' cute in her new Pink Taco hat!

Vic, Rick, and Krista all got new sun glasses earlier that day while we were shopping. I think they are all super HOT! My job as a shopping consultant is full filled.
We got cleaned up and went to dinner at the House of Blues. Ironically, the band that was playing was from SLC!
I was enjoying my super good meal until I found a hair in it!!!!Thank goodness Victor was stuffed, because I then devoured his burger.
After dinner we went back over to the Luxor to go through the Titanic exhibit. I loved this one! At the beginning they give you a passenger ticket and information about that passenger. When you get to the end you can look up that person to see if they lived or died.
It was awesome to see the artifacts from the actual boat, but so sad at the same time. This was an accident that could have been prevented and way to many people lost their lives.
Victor and I were both first class passengers who actually made it! My husband died though. Krista was a third class passenger who made it too! Rick wasn't so lucky although his family accompanying him on the trip survived.
Krista cracking us up on our way back from Cold Stone. Yep, we made sure we got there before they closed this time!
Day 4- The final day :(
We decided to give the House of Blues another whirl because we heard they had an awesome breakfast, and indeed they did! There wasn't even a hair in my food this time! ha ha
We tried to devote most of time we had left that last day to the wave pool! We needed to get every ounce of sun we could before we had to leave.
Soaking up the sun.We got our stuff packed up and wanted to make our way through the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay before we had to go to the airport. As we walked over, we found a whole other wing to the hotel. We wished we would have discovered it sooner, a lot of the restaurants look liked they were fun! Next trip I guess!
Shark Reef.
These jellyfish were my favorite! Aren't they cool?!?!
We went through the Shark Reef pretty quick because we wanted to grab some lunch before we went to the airport. We ate at Red, White, and Blue Cafe and it was good good good!
Safely made it back to SLC and claimed our luggage. Oh so sad our trip is over. I think that is what Victor's Zoolander face is actually saying.
Such an outstanding trip. We laughed so hard and had so much fun with Rick and Krista! We are thankful to have amazing friends like them. Thanks sooooo sooooo sooooo very much Rick and Krista!It was just so nice to getaway with my adorable husband and enjoy some quality fun time to recharge as ADULTS! Naturally, having such a great mom and dad who are more than willing and happily watch my kids for us helps too! We don't ever have to worry because we know the boys are at their favorite place on earth and are being well taken care of (basically spoiled to death!). Thanks soooo soooo soooo very much to the bestest parents ever! Thanks mom and dad!
The time away we superb, but certainly we were looking forward to getting home and loving these little boys! This is what we found upon our return.


4 comments:
Next time you better stop by my house for a potty break and say hi!!
Oh Noah would have loved the jelly fish! FUN!
SOOOOO glad you had a wodnerful trip! Friends like "cousin" Krista are hard to come by. I am sure you will be scheme another trip soon!
The last comment was from Jen on Valoys computer.....hee hee
Post a Comment