After the fun run we headed to the parade. The boys were soooo excited and ready to snag some candy. It was so cold this year! We all had to bundle up and I was counting down for the parade to be over so I could warm up in the car (who would think I would turning my seat heat on in July?).
The first pictures were taken by Conner and he really wanted me to post them. Here ya go Conner, great photography work!


The boys impatiently waiting for the parade to start. Mason didn't join in the parade long fun of running out to get the candy. After his first few all he wanted to do was eat it! Definitely MY kid!
After a quick little BBQ for lunch we headed to the park for kids races. Poor Mason! He wanted to take off as soon as Victor got him lined up on the starting line. Victor had to tell him not to move and when the gun went off that is exactly what he did. . . not move! He took 1st last year, guess he will have to wait another year to regain his title.
Zack did a great job! He took second and is showing off his reward. He wanted to race every heat after his. He kept telling us he wanted to do it again! You can even see him lined up with Conner for Conner's race. :)Conner held his own and finished third!
I am a dork and part of what makes the 4th so much fun is seeing and catching up with old friends. I get so excited to see everyone and their cute families. This is my adorable friend Allison. Oh the memories I have of cruising around in her beamer and listening to her 70s CD. Good times!
Later that day Mason got to see Poppa's horse. He was cute and excited! We couldn't get him on the horse, but he sure did love seeing and petting him. Now when he rides his rocking horse or stick horse at home he always tells me, "Dis (this) Poppa's horse, John Hennie". (The horse's name is actually John Henry).
Krista bought us these rockin' dragon socks in Vegas to wear for the Fun Run. She nixed the idea a few days before the race. But Krista I just wanted you to know I still put mine to good use! It was so cold and I didn't bring any pants down with us, or even any carpi's for that matter, so these awesome socks helped keep my legs warm at the city fireworks that night. I think the socks certainly put me on the best dressed list.We had another great BBQ and of course the very best part of the 4th is always the last! We headed down to big city fireworks and set off few sparklers while we were waiting.



4 comments:
It is the best here in good ol' Malad!!!!
We loved having you for the 4th. So much fun watching the boys get candy at the parade. They were great runners too except for Mason, oh well, next year. Thanks for sharing everything with us.
FUN!
It was good to see you there! :) I love the 4th in Malad too! Your boys are too cute!
Post a Comment