My kids were so excited to go down and see some snow. It doesn't snow much here and if it does it is usually melted in a day or two. As soon as we got the car unloaded Conner was in his snow clothes and playing outside with his cousins. Much like everyone else in the Northwest, we got pummeled with the white stuff! It was so pretty coming down. I guess even a little more prettier since I knew we had no where to go and could just enjoy watching it.
Snowbunny Conner
Conner and my nephews Joshua, Alexander, and Nathaniel. They traded their boogyboards for snow clothes.

Funny Bear! He HAS to be right there with kids and he just loves the snow. The snow is so deep he has to leap through it like a gazelle.
The kids were out playing in the winter wonderland and my nephew comes running in from the deck to tell me that Conner is bleeding. I told him to tell Conner to just come in so I could put a band-aid on him. I few seconds later Conner came walking up the steps with his hands on his forehead and it looked like someone had poured buckets of blood on him!I heard my Dad behind me utter a curse word and he ran in the house to get some towels as I tried to stop the bleeding. We got him wrapped in towels and Vic ran him down to the ER where Conner got 5 stitches! Just our luck to end up in the ER on Christmas Eve! Poor Conner was pretty solemn the rest of the night. He is no whiner, he would only tell us he had a little headache when we would ask him how he is doing.
I think all of the blood freaked him out a bit. He is also a kid who likes to know exactly what is going on. How long will it take? Will it hurt? What are you doing? Will it make the bleeding stop? He was a little trooper though! I later went outside to see where he got hurt. It is a no wonder! The kids had made a jump for their sleds that would have made the boys from Jackass proud! The downfall however was that the jump went directly into a huge pine tree (which was what sliced his head open)! This wasn't Conner's first trip to the ER or his first set of stitches. Unfortunately, I am sure there will still be more.
Even after a foot of fresh new snow the next day you could still see where Conner was standing before he came in to the house.
Victor and Conner also got to make their first snowboarding run for the season in a foot of fresh new snow with my brother-in-law and our nephews! They were pretty excited!

Poor Conner lost his goggles in an earlier crash and it was so bright. They had to go to the lodge after the next run and buy him some new ones.
8 comments:
Nice to see Malad with so much snow. Miss not seeing you guys this Xmas.
Poor kid!! Glad you enjoyed the snow & got to spend some quality time with the fam!
hope his little nogin is better!
Oh my.. I am glad he is okay! It was so great to see you guys again. Oh and your mom's sugar cookie and homemade candies were the best!!
Geez! Poor Conner! What a brave boy! Glad it wasn't too bad, and they still continued to have fun in the snow!!!
Poor Conner, he is always the one that gets hurt, but what a trooper. I am so happy that you spent Christmas with us. It was wonderful watching the kids bounce off the walls. But that is what Christmas is all about. Thanks for coming down.
Poor guy! Good thing he still had good spirits for Christmas, though. I've made my blog private.... email me at e1999_t_hendricks@yahoo.com and I'll add you.
I bet it was fun going home for Christmas. Like you we get snow but its gone fast. Hope our little daredevil is feeling better. Happy New Years!
Post a Comment