/* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#ffffff; margin:0; color:#000d0d; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#0d0000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#e94600; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#8dc3b7; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; text-align: center; color:#281806; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 246% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#281806; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#281806; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 77% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 88% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#000d0d; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#8dc3b7; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#8dc3b7; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000d0d; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#000d0d; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #000d0d; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #0d0d00; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000d0d; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

I just love the holiday season! What makes is so much fun and so special for us is our family traditions. It is just such a great time of year that I love to relish in it.

Two things start at our house right after Thanksgiving. #1- Christmas music! I love Christmas music! Growing up my Mom and Dad always listened to Christmas music in the house, in the car, it didn't matter it was always playing. I love the old stuff too, like the Time Life Christmas Music. No one can sing "Blue Christmas" like Elvis! Conner and I totally get into it. Victor is funny, he says "Awe, Christmas music?" then two beats later he is singing along with us! It never feels like Christmas without my Christmas music.

#2-Is putting up the Christmas tree. Everyone helps to put it up and decorate it. Conner kept asking all day when we were going to put it up. I love our little tree. We have had it since we got married. I don't think we paid more than $30 for it! Every year that we put it up Victor tells me we need to go and get a new one, but I just can't do it! We have soooo many memories around this little tree, I couldn't bear to tell it goodbye! Thanks to my Mom, the boys all have their own little tree in their room too. They get upset with me when I unplug them.

Conner and Zack decorating Conner's tree for his room- He was even singing "Oh Christmas Tree" as he was decorating it. It was cute!

Zack "helping" Victor put on the lights-Yep, I think we are the only people we know who don't own a prelit tree!

This year as we were putting the tree up and enjoying my Christmas music it started to snow! Of course it didn't stick. However, it was so exciting to see the white stuff coming down. I am ready for it, lots of it too!

Snow! We love the snow!

Zack taking a break from decorating to play with Mason

So, this is just the start of a few of our family holiday traditions that is fun to share with you! More will come as the month goes on. Victor always tells me how much he loves our traditions and how it makes the holidays special for him too and how glad he is that I do them. That makes me so happy to hear! That's why we do them, to make it a fun and special time for everyone that they always remember and look forward to every year. 20 more days!

Finished product and Zack has only pulled it over once! ;)

Sue, does this count as part of being tagged? I also want everyone to think of the song "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". There is a line in that song that says "Dancing around so merrily in the new old fashioned way". Does anyone have a clue what the "new old fashioned way" is???

5 comments:

Mary said...

Your tree is so cute, I love the ribbon!!

The Thompson's said...

We just had an Enrichment activity on making Traditions in your families, these are great ones that you have with yours. Love your tree. Happy Holidays!

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love your tree too. Don't get a new one, part of Christmas is the old as well as the new. Christmas is for kids, aren't we all kids?

Cathy said...

I'm now interested in finding out what the new old fashion way is? I never noticed before... I love your Christmas tree and don't get rid of your little tree. I got rid of our first tree and I really wish I kept it. I miss the little guy.