/* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#ffffff; margin:0; color:#000d0d; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#0d0000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#e94600; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#8dc3b7; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; text-align: center; color:#281806; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 246% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#281806; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#281806; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 77% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 88% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#000d0d; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#8dc3b7; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#8dc3b7; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000d0d; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#000d0d; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #000d0d; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #0d0d00; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000d0d; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sugar Coat It For Me!

My great-grandma passed down two of the world's best cookie recipes. One of them is her chocolate chip recipe and the other is her sugar cookie recipe. We make and decorate the sugar cookies every Christmas. Of course my favorite part of the holidays is the food!My sous chefs!


I am beginning to think my kids are deprived. I don't really keep sweets around the house, but the past couple of weekends when we made gingerbread houses and decorated cookies the kids acted like the sugar was going out of style! Especially Zackie!

Icing! Yum Yum!
A few years ago one of Vic's best childhood buddies, Josh, and his adorable wife, Robyn, came to visit right before Christmas and we made these cookies. I don't think we had one cookie left after we decorated them. They all went right into our mouths! Josh would take a bite and say, "These are so good!" then another bite and say ,"I love these cookies." I think about Josh and Robyn now every time we make them! Wish you guys were here to make them with us again this year.
Both boys had fun helping me and most of all were in heaven eating their finished products!
Conner's gingerbread man

Next up are Dulce de Leches- the reason I gain weight every year at Christmas! But they are oh so good!

9 comments:

Camille said...

I love Conner's cookie! We made ours last week! And yes, the best sugar cookie recipe ever! So good!

Robyn said...

Those cookies were amazing!!! We are so there next year for a Christmas visit and sugar cookies! Let's make the cookies after we get back from our spa visit :) Ha ha

Anonymous said...

Ok - seriously...I have dreams about the chocolate chip cookies that we had at your mom's house! Every time I make cookies with the girls, I think about them. How ridiculous is that? :) Those and the chocolate chip pancakes that your mom would make!! I guess they made quite an impression on me!!!

Casey and Akiko said...

I am always looking for a good chocolate chip cookies recipe. Everytime I bake them, they are either flat or just not quite what I am looking for.. We really need to live close to you so that you can teach me how to bake better. I would teach you how to cook Japanese food in return.

Robyn said...

One more comment...I'm copying your reindeer dust poem and giving it to my niece on Christmas Eve. Thx for the new tradition--I love it! I already told her about it, and she can't stop talking about it :) We all sleep at my mom's on Christmas Eve, so it'll be fun for the kids!

Tracy Hendricks Owens said...

Hey Allison...love the "dust" poem. I'll have to try it out with my 6 year old. I came across your blog by reading someone's who had a link to yours. I'm what you could call one of those blogstalkers. I just like to see what everyone's up to. Our babies look pretty close in age...Lauren was born 7/3/08.

Krazy Keetch's said...

I'll give you a $1 if you email me your sugar cookie recipe!! Or is it a family secret?

tiffy202@gmail.com..I'll let you think about it :)

The Thompson's said...

Those cookie sure do look and sound good. I with Tiff, is this a family secret? Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

Mary said...

I love decorating cookies!!! Conner did an amazing job!