Three handsome little boysWe have so much in life to be thankful for that I wouldn't even know where to begin! We have such a great life that I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. We have three wonderful, happy, healthy, and energetic little boys that are the lights of our life. If we had nothing at all but them, I would consider my life complete.
We are also extremely thankful for the rest of our family and friends. You are all the best! So many of you have influenced our life and helped us to reach our goals. We love you! I could go on forever, but I will leave it at that.
My adorable little niece Shebly and my sis Millie giving Mace some love.This year we spent turkey day with my parents and sister's family. My Dad deep fried a turkey for the first time this year. It was the best! If you have never had a deep fried turkey I highly suggest it!
We also went down last year, but I had to do some convincing on Victor's end. Not that he didn't really want to go down, but he didn't want to miss his turkey bowl that he plays in every year up here!
Turkey bowls up here are huge! News crews even go out and cover them and feature them on the evening news. So, last year I had Vic make a few phone calls to put together a little team so he wouldn't miss out on his football. It was a bit difficult since we come from mainly a basketball town. None the less, he called my little brother Jake and his best bud Casey and between the three they were able to put together a little four on four team and they all had a blast! 

My"big" little brother Jake gasping for air
It was so funny this year because all of the guys got so excited as Thanksgiving grew closer. They were out buying cleats and football gloves and were able to recruit a few more players this time around. I had to go and check on them to make sure none of these "old men" needed the first aid kit but I think I stopped in too early! One of the players, Tyson, seriously hurt his knee. Tyson if you ever get to read this, we hope you are better and doing well and will want to play again next year if we come down! I would like to extend a big THANK YOU to all of those who played and totally made Thanksgiving for Victor, he really does get soooo excited to play and has become such a fun tradition. If any of your significant others are interested in playing next year let us know!
It was so funny this year because all of the guys got so excited as Thanksgiving grew closer. They were out buying cleats and football gloves and were able to recruit a few more players this time around. I had to go and check on them to make sure none of these "old men" needed the first aid kit but I think I stopped in too early! One of the players, Tyson, seriously hurt his knee. Tyson if you ever get to read this, we hope you are better and doing well and will want to play again next year if we come down! I would like to extend a big THANK YOU to all of those who played and totally made Thanksgiving for Victor, he really does get soooo excited to play and has become such a fun tradition. If any of your significant others are interested in playing next year let us know!
Could you guess that Vic is the one in blue and orange?Happy Thanksgiving!
8 comments:
The best part was Zackie's reaction when he saw Shelby and Noah! It was cute at how excited he was to see them.
And why did you have to post a pic of me that looks like I am stoned?
Its good to see you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love when we get to spend the holidays with loved ones. Love your pictures, they are darling.
I love the pic of your boys... they really so handsome! I will have to come watch the football game next year. I know Casey looks forward to it too! I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving!
Yeah, we were waiting all day for you guys to call us....J/K! Looks like you had a great time with your family!
Next time, we will do something really fun. Are you guys going to Malad for Christmas?
Thank you for coming down and making our Thanksgiving soooo much better. We loved having you here, the boys were great even with their colds. I am looking forward to next year. You are one of our blessings.
Thanks for saying that, I'm sorry too. Plus the great thing with time is I can't even remember why we had those differences. You have a gorgeous family, and looks like football was fun. I can see why Victor has a hard time wanting to go to Malad the basketball thing is pretty overrated. oopsie. I have to bribe Andrew when it's our time to go to Malad for the Holidays.
Hey Al,
You have such a cute family. You look like you are going to blow away in the wind! Maybe you should eat something! I hope all is well for you. My mom and dad keep me posted on what you are doing anytime they hear anything. My mom has made multiple comments on how much she enjoys seeing you and how sweet you are.
Daniele created a blog for me and I pretty much suck at it. I posted once and it looked ridiculous (spacing problems) and I can't remember what my blog site is now. I'll have to give it another try maybe.
Next time you are in Malad (christmas maybe?) I'd love to walk over and say hello. Even our strip of the neighborhood seems to change all the time. I loved your Veterans posting! I have a friend here that her husband just got out of the marines and he missed two fo their four kids' births. I would agree that the soldiers do give a lot, as do their family! So thank you for giving to our country too! I hope to catch up with you some time. Tell Vic Hi.
Brooks
Man, I can't believe I missed it... if I ever make if home for Thanksgiving again... before I have to break out the walker... I'll be there for a game. I was lucky enough to play in a Turkey Bowl here in Wisconsin and was sore for 4 days afterward, but we were playing in snow. You should come and visit, we have plenty of the white stuff to go around.
Post a Comment