/* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#ffffff; margin:0; color:#000d0d; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#0d0000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#e94600; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#8dc3b7; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; text-align: center; color:#281806; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 246% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#281806; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#281806; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 77% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 88% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#000d0d; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#8dc3b7; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#8dc3b7; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000d0d; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#000d0d; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #000d0d; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #0d0d00; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000d0d; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rivalry Game

Someone out tailgating with the boys had this sign and Victor thought it was the greatest thing ever!
One of our good friends inherited a motor home and got a group of die hard Boise State boys together to hit the open road and go to the big rivalry game. Well, I don't know if I would call Boise State vs. Idaho much of game, I am being generous when I chose my words. :o) It was more like watching a high school varsity team play a bunch of eighth graders, but the boys had a blast no less. Victor had been looking forward to the road trip for a while and was so excited to go.Vandals- Aren't you scared of this? ;)

Naturally while the cat is away the mouse will play! My friends just got the cutest new puppy! She is a little Golden Lab. They brought her over to play with Bear and he fell right back into his puppy years. Bear is so funny. He thinks he is a lap dog! He is huge! Bear is a Black Lab and used to weigh 108 lbs! We put him on a diet after his last visit to the vet. It is dangerous for Labs to get over 80 lbs because they are prone to bad hips. We love Bear and want to keep him around for a long time, he is down to about 90 lbs now. He is the best dog and is so great with the kids. They can climb all over him and doesn't even move. Bear always has to be right next to or on your lap. He loves my Dad more than anything and freaks out when he is around, it is pretty entertaining! Bear slept great that night! Dani, you need to bring Ace over all the time!
Bear the Chihuahua on my Dad's lap

The next day I did dinner and some shopping with my friend Rebekah and we attempted to watch the game. She has the most adorable little girl, I think Zack is in love. The kids had a great time rolling around and just playing.
Victor called after the game and said they were on their way home. They had originally planned to come the next day. I thought I would just wait up and get a jump start on my work week for Monday. According to my calculation, they would be home around 1 am. Well, 1 am rolls around and no Victor. 2 am, no Victor, 3 am, still no Victor! I am thinking, what the heck?!?! I call and send some texts but get nothing in response. I am not a witch, if they stopped to sleep that is fine, but I would at least hope he would call me and let me know! I am up all night worrying, but assuring myself that they probably just pulled over to sleep.
Finally at 9 am he calls. They got tired and pulled over to sleep in the middle of nowhere and got no cell service. But now they are having some problems with the motor home! After a couple hours of back and forth calls for updates I now have to drive to pick all the boys up! It was kind of nice to drive without the kids (if I had the three boys with me there is no way we could fit the six of them in the car). I turned the radio way up and just enjoyed myself! When I got to Victor and they would talk to me I couldn't hear what they were saying! I was deaf from my loud radio! ha ha
We all finally made it home safe and sound and Victor had a blast! I must say, I enjoyed my time too! But of course I missed ya babe!

5 comments:

Elder Quinn Kay Longhurst said...

Vic, you look awesome! I'm sure they were freaky scared of you :) I love the picture of Bear on your dad's lap. He's huge and I can't believe your dad would allow it. BTW...Brooks is in town for Thanksgiving and wanted me to say Hi! I told her I'd email her a link to your blog. Hope you don't mind.

Camille said...

I really miss those BSU games! Sounds like Victor had a lot of fun! And holy *%@# he looks scary! : )

Mary said...

I love my girl time, and I remember how loud you like your music!! ;o)

Glad you all had a blast.

Nicole said...

I love that sign, it makes me laugh! Go BSU!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it looks like Vic had a great time at the game, so much that he didn't even have time to say hello to his mother, let alone give her a hug...LOL...That's okay, son, Xmas is just around the corner...Love you guys. Hope to see you all soon.