/* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#ffffff; margin:0; color:#000d0d; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#0d0000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#e94600; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#8dc3b7; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; text-align: center; color:#281806; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 246% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#281806; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#281806; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 77% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 88% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#000d0d; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#8dc3b7; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#8dc3b7; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000d0d; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#000d0d; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #000d0d; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #0d0d00; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000d0d; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful For

I feel like we truly have a blessed life and there are so many things that we have to be thankful for.

First and foremost I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He really is my best friend and loves and supports me and the boys in all that we do. Victor is such a hard worker and has a huge heart, no wonder he is loved by everyone.

I am extremely thankful to have three happy healthy and beautiful boys. I don't think we have ever left the house without someone telling us how adorable they are. They are each so different but full of personality and bring so many smiles, laughs, and giggles to our home. They sure do keep us on our toes but I would not have it any other way.

I am so thankful to have the best parents in the world who would do anything for us (and they do!). They are a HUGE part of our lives and I don't know what we would ever do without them. We are also blessed with the rest of my and Victor's family members and so many wonderful friends who we love and appreciate dearly.

I could go on forever but I will stop after this one. I am also thankful that Victor and I have wonderful careers. We are not just in jobs to get a paycheck but are in careers that we love.

To me, there is no other way to celebrate the day of Thanks than with family, much like every holiday that we want to be surrounded by those we love. Our normal four hour drive to my parent's house took us eight this year.

The roads were horrible. In fact the worst roads I have ever driven on. I watched the snow plow driver close the road right in front of us, literally. He closed the junction to Utah and we had to take the long way around. I was happy to be in a big ol' SUV and we just kept trucking along. The kids traveled like old pros and Victor probably had a brown spot in his underwear by the time we arrived to our destination after some of our experiences. :) Conner kept asking if I could see the road or if we were even on a road. Not sure about the second question, we may just have made our own route there. But am left wondering, what on earth did we do before we had a TV in the car?

The winter wonderland we arrived to.

We all had a wonderful time at Poppa and Gram's. I even brought stuff to make a little Thanksgiving craft with the boys. They read books, did puzzles, watched movies, played games, and played in the snow with Gram. They also managed to do some shooting (a lot of shooting!) with Poppa.

The little oreo turkeys were so cute!

Dinner was fantastic as always with the best deep fried turkey in world cooked up by Poppa! Naturally Mason could not be far from the two favorite men in his life, his dad and Poppa, and had to be part of cooking the turkey.

Is that a picture perfect turkey or what? My mouth is watering!

Victor and Conner did some more hunting with the Poppa, Jake, and Triston while my mom and I took the boys to meet my sister and her kids and go see the new movie Tangled. (Victor was a little concerned about this, however it looks like a little cute adventure move and not just a girlie princess movie so I thought it was safe).

Everyone else in Logan must have had the same plans because the movie was sold out all day! So, we had a change of plans and we to play at Camille's house and the kids didn't seem to miss the movie at all. In fact, the just enjoyed the heck out of each other! Then we even got to squeeze a Logan favorite of mine, Fredricko's!

Now we are home safely and the kids are begging to go back to their Gram and Poppa's. Mason has even called them to ask them to come and get him. ha ha Thanks so much to everyone for a wonderful Thanksgiving! Certainly worth the long eight hour drive!

6 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Glad you made it here and back safe! It was some CRAZY weather!!! Glad we didn't have to drive anywhere this year!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a crazy day with most of my family on those horrible roads. I was so happy to see you walk through my front door. It was so much fun sharing the turkey with you. I love Thanksgiving.

Alli E. said...

Glad you made it there safely! I loved your cute Turkey craft! Send me instructions if you have them!

Camille said...

yes the kids had a great time!

Jennifer said...

SO glad you and your family made it safely to Gram's and Papa's house. Sounds like a fun thanksgiving weekend.

Nicole said...

We had our first fried turkey this year, cooked by some friends and it was delish! I love Mason's hat, Cam has the same one. I get comments on it almost every time we're out in it.