We love having company come visit. Especially when it is someone we don't get to see very often. One of Victor's best Ranger brother's, Brad, came to visit for a few days. He also brought his cute little girlfriend Corrine along this time. This is the third time he has made the trip and as always, we had a wonderful time.
We started the visit out with our trip to the Basque Food & Wine Festival. We did not spot Adam Richman from Man vs. Food there this year, but I think we had even more fun than last time. The food was fabulous, the dancers and music fantastic, and the Basque customs were a blast.
The next morning we hit the Farmer's Market down town and found some wonderful local produce and products. We did find the best ever kettle corn and hand crafted root beer.
We stayed in and BBQ'ed some stuffed portabello mushrooms for dinner. (I am drooling just thinking about them). And I conquered the badminton net. Vic and I ruled in the couples showdown and Corrine and I DOMINATED in the girls vs. boys playoff. Finish the evening off around the fire pit BS'ing and star gazing and you get a great night in!Victor and Brad spent what felt like all day on the golf course. When they finally made it home we made our way to play on the paddle boats.
Brad and Corine in their love swan paddle boat.

This goose followed Zack everywhere. Zack wanted me to take his picture because he was a "magic" goose and he smiled at Zackie!
What finishes off a hot day like a shaved ice?Later we had the most delicious dinner at one of our favorites, Cottonwood Grill. We sat on the patio right along the river, it was so nice and relaxing.
It is usually Victor acts goofy in a picture, looks like Brad stepped up and did the job for him.
We made it a late night and grabbed some ice cream at a famous joint called Fanci Freeze. Yum yum is all I can say. And then we went to see the movie The Other Guys (so dang funny).
Til' next year's visit!
2 comments:
sounds like a fantastic time!
Oh what a wonderful weekend! So glad you are still such great friends! Looks like everyone had a great time!
Post a Comment