/* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#ffffff; margin:0; color:#000d0d; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#0d0000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#e94600; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#8dc3b7; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; text-align: center; color:#281806; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 246% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#281806; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#281806; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 77% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 88% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#000d0d; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#8dc3b7; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#8dc3b7; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000d0d; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#000d0d; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #000d0d; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #0d0d00; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000d0d; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Viva Las VEGAS!

My bestie Krista and I decided to take our annual trip to Vegas this year and include the hubbies. We booked our trip back in February and I swear I have been counting down the days ever since! It has been about 7 years since the last time we paid Vegas a visit. I most certainly have been looking forward to some time away.

Prepare for picture overload. I am sure most of you don't really care about some of the info I post (like where we ate) but it is a reference point for me for when we go back.


Day 1
We left the kiddos with my mom and dad and headed down to SLC to meet up with Krista and Rick and catch our flight. I think one would want their Vegas trip to start out lucky. We checked our bags, cleared security, and a few minutes later got a text telling us our flight was cancelled!
At first I thought it was a bad luck sign. However, after a long time (5 hrs to be precise) of sitting in the airport waiting for our new flight and thinking about it, I realized we were actually pretty lucky. It isn't very often that we fly without children in tow. How lucky is it that the one time our flight was cancelled and we had sit in the airport forever that we had NO kids?!?! I think that is lucky! Chasing kids around an airport for 5 hours would have kicked my butt!
Krista, Rick, and Victor FINALLY ready to board our flight!
We stayed at the fabulous Four Seasons and our room and service were suburb. It is on the top four floors of the Mandalay Bay. It is a totally separate hotel, we had our own lobby, restaurants, spa, gym, restaurants, elevators, pool, and what I called the "Batman Secret Entrance" from Mandalay Bay. It was a non gaming hotel, which was very nice to not hear the sound of slot machines and smell of smoke all of the time. And even though everything from the Four Seasons was private, we still had access to all of the Mandalay Bay amenities as well. I will never stay anywhere else in Vegas after staying here.
We got checked in an headed over to the Luxor and ate some dinner at T&T. It was pretty good, better than I was anticipating. After that we walked, and walked, and walked the strip some more checking out shops and casinos.

My and my honey at the south end of the strip.


Vic at the water show outside of the Bellagio. So much fun! I wish the show was longer.


We stopped at Serendipity outside Caesar's Palace and got some yummy cold treats. We had the peanut butter frozen hot chocolate which I thought was pretty dang good! It took a minute to get used to the consistency, but still yummy none the less. Krista's wonderful display of ice cream looked fantastic but tasted like it had freezer burn, bummer!

I am not sure about a beeper, but we did have a sig on our cell phone inside of Caesar's Palace. hee hee Forgive my Hangover humor, I love that show! There were several lines recited from that movie. Unfortunately Krista and Rick had not seen it, but Victor and I sure were laughing at our own humor!

New York New York!

Day 2

I am sure everyone just loves me for this one. We started day 2 at 7:30 am on the treadmill! If I am going to indulge in some yummy calorie packed goodness I had to do something to work it off! After the workout we had a great breakfast at the Verandah in our hotel sitting poolside and just relaxing.

After that it was all pool! We went over to the Mandalay Bay wave pool and lazy river and soaked up some sun. It was so nice to sit and relax! The boys were like kids in a candy shop (especially cute little Rick) out in the water.

Krista looking super hot at the "beach".


My little stud muffin' looking mighty fine as well after playing hard in the wave pool.


Ha ha. This one is a bit of an inside joke. It was difficult for us to get away during any other part of the year because we have so much going on. When Krista and I were deciding on dates I promised her that if we went during the summer heat I would fan her everywhere we went. I saw this little misting fan and busted it out of my surprise bag to fan Krista. :) Yep, that is what friends are for.

Friends since kindergarten. CRAZY! Maybe we have changed a little since then?!?!

After a nice day at the pool we got cleaned up and did some shopping before we were scheduled to see Cirque Du Soleil Mystere. Krista and I were shopping away taking advantage of some good deals we found when I decided I had better check the show time. Good thing I checked, I thought it started at 7:30 and it actually started at 7!!! We hauled butt to get there on time. We tried the tram, which is a pain in the butt! We got in our seats (perfect seats on the 4th row!) and the show started 3 minutes later! Whew!

Me and Vic ready to head to the show!

Krista and I enjoying the lovely (ha ha avoid this thing if you ever got to Vegas) tram.

The show was spectacular! It is amazing what people can do. We all really enjoyed it and wished we had bought tickets for all of the Cirque Du Soleil shows, KA and O. Highly recommend this show.


The gang after Mystere.

We then took a stroll back down to Caesar's Palace to chow down on some delicious sushi at Hyakumi. Sooooo good and I will definitely go back to this place. Krista isn't a sushi eater and she ordered some other stuff that was yummy too. (And I swear Scott Folley was sitting next to us!)


I get hungry just looking at it!

After sushi we decided Cold Stone sounded good. We got lost in some casinos trying to make our way back to ride the tram. We got to Cold Stone and there was 4 people in line with the line roped off behind them. They wouldn't serve us :( and said they were closed. That was almost worse than getting there and having it closed with no line at all!

6 comments:

Krazy Keetch's said...

It took me 3 tries to read this post! Finally got through it! Sounds like a blast. Krista told me about your nice little getaway, she couldn't wait! I was excited to hear about it. Were you two ladies getting hit on the whole time? Lookin' mighty fine there girls. Allison your abs! wow..Glad you guys had good time...fun stuff.

Camille said...

oh it looks like so much fun! sorry it had to come to an end! it seems like we wait and wait for our trips and they go by way too quickly!
i think you should have had your arms up in your pose so we could see your buffed arms as welll! maybe a pair of high heels would have given that pic a nice touch! ; )

Robyn said...

Vegas is always the go-to getaway for Josh and I--we LOVE it there. We've seen every Cirque show except Mystere :) "La Reve" at The Wynn is our absolute favorite! Check it out next time for sure!!

Ok...and you MUST email me and let me know what in the heck you've been doing to get that body! I'm having the baby any day now (due Tuesday), and am SO excited to get this weight off again! So...please share any and all secrets :)

McCall's said...

Vegas is so much fun; the shows, slots just the whole atmosphere! Caleb and I love visiting; however we never leave Huc~he always travels with us(so maybe that's why we havent been to Vegas in the past almost 2 years) but I'm glad to see that you and Victor enjoyed yourselves. Great pics of your family too!!!

The Davendorks said...

Vegas! Vegas! Vegas! Do you hear that?

Al said...

Hear what??? I heard nothing while we were there. No crying kids, no phone constantly ringing, no emails clicking in. Ahhhh just the sound of relaxation in Vegas! :)