
Conner also had a big awards ceremony at school today. He came home with a "Mr. P.E." award. He was cute and I think he was a little embarrassed to have to walk in front of his entire school to retrieve his award (he is so shy!). He loves P.E. more than anything and even broke a few school records this year in fitness tests. Way to Conner!
Memorial weekend came and poor Victor was swamped with patients at work and I knew there was little to no chance of actually doing something. My Dad was off on a fishing trip in Portland. So I managed to talk my Mom into coming back up! I am sooo glad that she came! Well, not even half as happy as the boys are to see their Grammie! Thanks so much for spending the weekend with us Mom!
We took the boys to the zoo and they were very excited to go. We had great weather and it was fun to see all of the animals. The boy's favorites were the lions and giraffes. Naturally Mason said his favorite were the elephants. Funny thing is that we have a smaller (but still fantastic) zoo and the only elephants were metal ones!


We ate lots and lots and lots of good food, stayed up to late watching new movies, tried a few new desert recipes (Coca-Cola cake YUM), and Victor even managed a few moments at home to keep the boys under control while my Mom and I did some MORE shopping!
And what Memorial Day would be complete without a BBQ? We went over to our fun friend's house and stuffed our bellies with some more wonderful food. I think I am seeing a theme for our weekend! 

Dave manning the grill.
3 comments:
Looks like you had lots of fun! What a special weekend. The little grass hut looks so cozy, maybe it is because of the darling little boys inside.
I am so glad mom came up! She said she had a great time!
I bet Conner is so happy to finally be out of school! YEA!!! Bring on Summer!
Amen to honoring our military. I am so thankful for their service in defending our constitutional rights and freedom. Thank you for inviting me up, I had a great time. Yea, summer is here, well almost if it would just get warm.
Post a Comment