/* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#ffffff; margin:0; color:#000d0d; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#0d0000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#e94600; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#8dc3b7; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; text-align: center; color:#281806; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 246% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#281806; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#281806; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 77% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 88% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#000d0d; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#8dc3b7; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#8dc3b7; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000d0d; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#000d0d; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #000d0d; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #0d0d00; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000d0d; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Friday, July 10, 2009

The Gray Hair & A Tear

Victor calls me from work the other day and it goes like this:

Victor in a very serious almost upset voice, "Allison!"
Now I am panicked because of his tone and he NEVER calls me Allison,"Yes, what is going on?!?!"
Vic, "When I got to work and took my helmet off to do my hair (because he rides his motorcycle to work) I found a gray hair!!!!!"
Me dying laughing, "Seriously? You scared my heart over a gray hair!" still laughing.
Vic, "Can you believe it?!?!?! A gray hair!"


So we have to document it. I may be the first one to have to use a walker, but he beat me to gray hair!

And to the tear part of the blog, :( I tore my tendons in my ankle and can't do a dang thing for six, yes count them, six LONG weeks! The doc was nice enough to not put me in a boot but not doing anything for six weeks!!!! If it doesn't repair its self I will need surgery.

This is devastating to me! Many of you may remember my nonexistent running abilities, if you are even generous enough to call it that. Weeks ago when I started running I could hardly make it around my .6 mile block without thinking I was going to die. And now I am up to six miles without stopping.

Boo hoo, poor little me. :( Looks like my nightly cookie baking will be coming to an end. I never knew I liked running so much until I can't do it.

5 comments:

Camille said...

weren't you the one last week calling me old? and who is the one falling apart, and who is the one with the gray hair? sucks ot be you guys! HEHEHEHE ; )

The Davendorks said...

I"ve had gray cross that out white hair for 10 years now! I am super bad at keeping the roots colored too. I swear the gray hairs grow twice as fast as the rest! As for the torn tendon...that just stinks! I was so looking forward to the run in Pocatello:) You better give yourself the time it needs to heal properly! Dr. Davenport's orders or else...

The Davendorks said...

P.S. I am so glad to finally hear some bad news on a blog! Thank you for keeping it real. Hope you have a quick recovery

Piper said...

Oh Vic!Poor baby! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!! Wait till a grey eyebrow grows in, then you'll really cry!

Al- do what your dr. says so you won't have to have surgery! Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Allison, I'm so glad you went in and got checked out! You'll be back running in no time. Just be sure to take care of yourself so we can do the Prison Break run in October :)