I am still in shock it is July. Where did June go? Last week Zack, Mace, and me went down to my parent's house. Conner had already been there for a week doing swimming lessons and was very happy to see us. He was having a wonderful time with Gram and Poppa, but I think he was a bit homesick for his family. I had meetings all week and my most wonderful mother in the world watched the boys for me! Thanks Mom!
Conner (being a stinker and showing off his Big League Chew), Zack, and Poppa watching my company softball team's game.
Mace leaning in to get more loves from Poppa.

They gave us our T-shirts at registration before the race. I tried to convince Vic that we got our T-shirts we could go home, but he didn't go for it. hee hee
All done. Yippee! Yes dear, we will do away with that bandanna. :)
Conner and Zack showing off their huge bags of parade candy.
Go Mace!
Go Zackie!
Go Conner!
Conner and Josh after their race.


This picture cracks me up. Conner and Zack were out with their cousins Noah and Shelby doing snaps and I wanted to take their picture. Zack wouldn't look at me so I told him to look at the bird (naturally there was no bird) so he and Noah were trying to find the bird. So cute!
Mom holding Zack and Conner.
Dad and Mace.
Conner (being a stinker and showing off his Big League Chew), Zack, and Poppa watching my company softball team's game.
Little fish Conner learning to dive.
Vic flew into SLC on Wednesday to be with us and celebrate the 4th. Of course we had to stop at my new "old" favorite Mexican restaurant, El Matador, on our way home! Yum! Yum! If you are ever in the Ogden area I highly suggest it!
The 4th got off to an early start. . . a really early start! Vic has just started to train for a triathlon so I thought that if he was going to do that I had better get off my fat butt and do something! With that in mind, I decided to train for a half marathon. I am DEFINITELY not ever going to be a super star runner, my whole goal is just to complete it!!!! A few of the gal's who work with Vic suggested a training schedule from MarathonRookie.com for me and also suggested entering a few races along the way just to keep motivated. Soooo, Vic had the bright idea that we would do the 5k fun run that started at 7 am!!!! Who runs at 7 am?!?!
They gave us our T-shirts at registration before the race. I tried to convince Vic that we got our T-shirts we could go home, but he didn't go for it. hee heeI actually completed it AND didn't come in last! Yahoo! I ran it in 26 minutes and 20 seconds. Not at all my best time, but considering my ankles were so bad that I could hardly walk a few days before, I will happily take it. Vic did it in an awesome 22 minutes and 23 seconds. Way to go babe!!!! (Court, what happened to you that morning?!?!)We had a good time and were happy to have participated. It feels nice to have competed in our first race ever and running together is so much fun. We will be looking forward to many more. (Rock n' Roll Half Marathon in Vegas Noelle?)
All done. Yippee! Yes dear, we will do away with that bandanna. :)As we headed home to get cleaned up after the race, we had a good laugh. Only in our home town do you see a tractor driving down main street followed by a car with the front seat passenger holding a baby. Gotta love it! :)
We then took the boys over to my little brother's house to watch the parade. The parade was really cute and it was quite nice to see some fun floats and not a just a sign slapped on the side of a truck. The boys had a blast and retrieved enough candy to last them for 10 years!
Conner and Zack showing off their huge bags of parade candy. Next up for the day's activities were the kid races. Mace may be taking a few steps here and there but he definitely is no walker so we put him in the crawling races. We had to motivate him with a sucker at the finish line but he hauled butt and took first! He even won a silver dollar! I was quite surprised that Zack actually raced this year and he even took third. Conner took second and lost to a little boy named Josh. Josh is the son of one of my old buds Alli. He is a cute little guy and super fast!!!!
Go Mace!
Go Zackie!
Go Conner!
Conner and Josh after their race.After dinner at Gram's, she brought out her yummy chocolate fountain. The boys love Gram's chocolate fountain. There wasn't a clean mouth in the house!


This picture cracks me up. Conner and Zack were out with their cousins Noah and Shelby doing snaps and I wanted to take their picture. Zack wouldn't look at me so I told him to look at the bird (naturally there was no bird) so he and Noah were trying to find the bird. So cute!We got the boys cleaned up and in some PJ's and headed down to watch and light off some fireworks. Zack was a little unsure of the sparklers at first but then couldn't get enough of them. Conner and Mace were having a blast and didn't want to see them come to an end. A couple of the loud flowers scared Zack and he started to cry, "No more fieworks Mommy! Go Poppa's house! No fieworks Mommy!" He took a little while but then he started to enjoy the big fireworks and would say the colors of them, which was a big relief after listening to him cry!
Mom holding Zack and Conner.
Dad and Mace.We had such a good time just hanging out with family and were thrilled to catch up with old friends! It is fun to see everyone and get updated, we wish we saw you all more often! The boys were in heaven the whole time! They had a blast with Gram and Poppa and all of their cousins. Zack said on the way home, "Go back Poppa's house!" Vic responded, "Don't you want to go home to our house? To Zackie's house?" And Zack says, "NO! No Zackie's house! Go back Poppa's house!"
Thanks again everyone (especially you Mom and Dad!) for such a great time. Can't wait til' next year!
9 comments:
you guys packed a lot into your holiday weekend!
Do your parents live in Salt Lake?
Your boys are so cute!! Wish I could have seen them. Way to go on the 5K.
Al,
It was so fun seeing you guys!! Your boys are darling and way fast runners!! I can't believe our big boys are turning 10!!! I am so glad we got to see you. Connor was such a good sport and came up and shook Josh's hand. What character! Thanks!
I am bummed I didn't get to see you, Allison. Bubble gums are still here. Casey thinks he will run 5k next year with you guys but he needs to get in shape, hehe.
We are working out at the gym starting from tonight:)
yes only my Noah would look up to try and find the bird!
Vic and Al, I know, I know..I should have been there running with you guys..well..i would have been able to keep up with you Allison..there is no way I would keep up with Victor..Good job on the race anbd good luck with the training.. Court
Congrats on the running..That's a pretty awesome accomplishment! We were with Kam yesterday and he was letting us know that you did your run and how skinny you were and now he wants to run a 1/2 marathon because he wants to be skinny..lol..You are just inspiring people like crazy and I bet you don't even know it:)
Way to go guys on your run! I sure need to do something to get back in shape after having baby Huc, but right now the only running I seem to be doing is to the kitchen for food.. . HAHAHA :-)
~Marcey
It was so fun to see you! You have darling little boys... I love that everyone has blogs and we can see their families grow! Yes, that Youth conference was memorable for me, too!
(This is Valorie) even though it says Ryan on there!
Post a Comment