/* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#ffffff; margin:0; color:#000d0d; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#0d0000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#e94600; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#8dc3b7; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; text-align: center; color:#281806; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 246% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#281806; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#281806; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 77% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 88% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#000d0d; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#8dc3b7; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#8dc3b7; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000d0d; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#000d0d; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #000d0d; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #0d0d00; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000d0d; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Mason!

Mason 1 week old.

Mason's baby blessing, 3 months old.

7 months old.

Mason just turned 1! This is going to be a loooooong post, sorry! The story of Mason's arrival is actually quite funny, or at least we look back at it and laugh, and I want Mason to be able to read about it someday. Since the blog is more like our family journal and scrapbook, what better than here to document it?

Mason was due on the 28th of May and Victor was graduating college at the first of the month. Victor didn't want to "walk" so I wanted to make sure we had a nice party for him. The dilemma. . . Conner was 3 weeks early and Zack was 2, so I was hopeful Mason would be early as well. So how could I plan and have a party for Vic if we had a new born? I went ahead and scheduled the party for May 9th. I had a lot of fun planning it. We had 50 or so of our best buds come over for a BBQ and celebrate Victor's big accomplishment with us. As the date of the party approached I was having a lot of contractions but just wanted to make it past the 9th!
My wonderful parents came up to join in on the fun and ended up being the biggest helpers along with my sister Camille (thanks again guys!). I made it past the BBQ yeah! The next night we went out to eat with the family and when we got back my poor dad got really sick. We thought he had been food poisoned from the restaurant. My mom took him home the next day and made a full recovery.

A few days later guess who got sick? Yep, that would be me. I have never really thought I was die when I have been sick before, but this time was the exception. I was almost positive that I was either going to die or have Mason the unconventional way by throwing him up! Then Conner came in and started right along the same sick path. To top it off, I started having contractions. They were light, but steady none the less.

I called my mom and begged her to come up. I just knew Mason would be here soon and didn't want to take kids over to some one's house to watch them while I was in the hospital after we had all been sick. My mom packed her bags and was here late that night.
Victor and I checked into the hospital the next day. I was determined to not be in labor over 24 hours like I was with the other two. Word quickly spread as to who Victor was and we received top notch care (not that we wouldn't have anyway). While the were getting my room ready I told Victor we needed to walk some laps to keep this thing going. As we were walking Victor stopped and sort of bent over, I asked him if he was OK and thinking "Great now he is sick too at the worst possible moment!" He told me he felt awful and needed a minute. I said, "Oh just stay there and I will go get one of those wheel chairs I saw up front and push you back to our room." Suddenly his eyes got big and he sat up and started walking again and said to me, "Are you kidding?!?! They know who I am and could you imagine seeing a pregnant lady in labor pushing her husband in wheel chair?!?!" heee heee Victor gets so excited when I am in labor that he can hardly stand it. It is so cute and cracks me up.

Vic and Mason just a few hours old.

We were only in the hospital for 12 short hours before Mace made his entrance to this world. A perfect healthy little 7 lb 2 oz 19 inches little boy! Zack and Conner were so excited to get there and see us. Zack didn't know what to think of Mason at first but he just knew he loved him and gave him little kisses on the forehead.
Mason getting loves from big brother Zack.

My mom usually stays a week or so after we have a baby and helps us out. Isn't she wonderful? When we got home from the hospital VaLoy got sick! We tried to take care of her but she just kept saying, "Here I come up to help you and you are the ones taking care of me!" Needless to say it was a bit of circus for a while but it was just preparing us for what was to come. We were also really worried to take Mace home to a house of sick people. Luckily neither Mason or Zack got sick.

Mason, still a little puffy and in his newborn clothes that were way to big, all ready to go home from the hospital.

For Mason's first birthday we planned a very low key weekend hanging out with my mom and dad. However, my mom called me the day they were supposed to get here and she was really sick. So we spent the weekend celebrating with just our family. We have had so many big elaborate parties that we have definitely come to appreciate the small quiet ones. It was fun and relaxing and I think Mason knew it was his special day.
Zackie helping Mason open his presents.

The birthday kid in his new big boy car seat.

Dad and big brothers showing Mace how to blow out his candles.

Yum Yum Cake! Much easier to clean up outside! We also had delicious homemade berry icecream.

We also took the boys to the zoo. They love the animals and we bought a family pass so we are excited for many more trips to the zoo this year.
Conner and Zack.

Dad and the little ones.

Mace admiring the Komoto Dragon.
Conner and Mace.
And an update on the rest of us. Conner is so excited to be done with school in a couple of weeks. Zack is officially in underwear! Well Victor asked him if he wanted to put on his underoos the other day and Zack said, "No, they ZaZaRoos!"
Victor is thrilled to death the weather is nice enough to pull out the motorcycle. And we also got the fire pit out of storage and all set up and tested it out the other night! Victor had to hone back in on his fire making skills, which were a bit rusty at first, but we ended up staying nice and toasty later! We spend lots of spring/summer/fall nights hanging out with friends at the fire pit but we also just got a patio heater I am excited about. For the nights we are too lazy to chop wood!

Yes, this little monster in his PJ's was supposed to be in bed! But he kept knocking on his window and watching us so I went in and brought him out with us. He was one happy boy!

Conner, Zack, and Conner's best neighbor bud (snuggled up with Zack) Kyle.
Me happy that Vic finally got the fire going to keep warm!

Sorry this was so long! We are so lucky to have three beautiful fun little boys. They are each so different it is crazy they came from the same mold! We love you boys and happy birthday Mason! Oh and thanks to everyone who sent gifts, calls, cards, and texts! You are so sweet and thoughtful!

7 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

Happy Birthday! What a cute little boy!!!!

Piper said...

What a great story! Happy Birthday Mason!

Casey and Akiko said...

Happy birthday Mason!

The Thompson's said...

He is such a cutie!! Happy Birthday Mason!!

Camille said...

I feel like I haven't seen the boys in forever because they have all changed so much in such a short time! So glad he had a happy b-day! I can't believe it has been a year! CRAZY!!!

Krazy Keetch's said...

Happy Birthday to Mason! It's funny we have been trying to come up with boy names and we like the names Conner, Zack and Mason...Looks like you stole all the cute boy names:) They are all cutie pies. I like the picture of you by your fire pit! Take care!

The Davendorks said...

Happy way late Birthday Mason!!! You sure are a cutie!