/* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#ffffff; margin:0; color:#000d0d; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#0d0000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#e94600; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#8dc3b7; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; text-align: center; color:#281806; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 246% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#281806; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#281806; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 77% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 88% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#000d0d; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#8dc3b7; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#8dc3b7; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000d0d; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#000d0d; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #000d0d; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #0d0d00; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000d0d; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Friday, March 20, 2009

Our Kauai Trip- Day 5

Day 5
Every morning when Zack wakes up the first thing he wants to do is go out on the lanai. He says, "Oh Whyee. . . bee". In our language he is saying "Oh Hawaii. Beach." Then he gets so excited to sit there and watch the birds.

Day 5 started out cold, rainy, and windy. We decided to try a "local find" in my Kauai guidebook for breakfast, Joe's on the Green, and it was simply delicious! I get a craving for coconut macadamia nut pancakes and Joe's hit the spot! We didn't know however that it was a totally open restaurant and didn't bring any sweaters and we all froze.

We then took a little trip to Spouting Horn. Spouting Horn is like the Old Faithful of Hawaii. It is a small lava shelf where water from waves is thrust through an opening, causing water and air to squirt out a blowhole.

Spouting Horn.

Cold in Hawaii?!?!

We hit the vendors after that and the boys find a million souvenirs. Everything Conner picks up Zackie runs over to him and tries to take it saying, "Za Za try!" Poor Conner. I score big on some hand crafted jewelery and am quite pleased with my awesome finds!

We then decide to check out a beach not far from our hotel that is supposed to have excellent snorkeling. The beach looks great and we plan to hit it up tomorrow, but while we are there we find a couple more beached seals.

The boys at Po'ipu Beach.

Monk Seals.

Our hotel has parrots scattered at certain locations across the grounds and every couple days they do a parrot show. The boys are quite excited about this. . . for the first 10 minutes. We thought the trainers would do a little show, but he just stood there and talked about birds. Interesting for Victor and I, but not so much to a 9 and 2 year old. We leave the show a bit early and go back to our room to put the little ones down for a snooze and order some room service for lunch. I wish I could order room service when I am home, I may have to talk to Victor about this one! hee hee

The Grand Hyatt's Parrot Show.

The sun comes out and the rest of the day is just beautiful so we spend it at the beach and lagoon again.

I love this picture of Vic trying to get Mace to sleep.

Me and Zackie were doing some wave jumping. He was so cute he would keep telling me, "Jump Ma! Jump!"

Conner was so proud of his sand castle. It is amazing it lasted because Zackie wrecks everything he makes.

This was the ONLY time Mace was at the beach and wasn't asleep or crying. We had to document it!

The biggest beach bum of the fam.

We had reservations at the most fun restaurant called Tidepools. It is right on a lagoon that is filled with koi fish. We couldn't have had a better table! We are right on the edge and could jump into the water if wanted to. Every restaurant needs to be like this place. Zack never tried to get out and run around once! And it is again a good thing they boys get a 5 course meal because the fish enjoyed almost every bite! Mine and Victor's meal is fabulous!!!! After dinner I start to wonder to just how much weight I have gained while we have been on vacation. . . but only for a minute! The food is too dang good to pass up!

The fam Kauai 2009.

Ohhhh, aren't we just so cute???

Tidepools restaurant.

Our awesome table.

The boys had such a good time a loved dinner. Especially desert!

We all must have stuffed because it was the best night sleep we had the entire time!

6 comments:

Camille said...

I remember that restaurant and seeing the fish even in the dark because they are so bright! I love the fam pic, way cute! And Shelby wrecks everything Noah makes too! Funny how those 2 yr olds work!

Soccer Mom said...

Looks FABULOUS!!!! What a fun vacation!!!!

The Davendorks said...

I am soooo jealous, one day I'll make it. I love the fam picture too and dang girl you are smoking HOT on the beach!

Nikki said...

Hey allison, I was reading Robyn and Josh's blog and realized that they have you on their links. So I thought I would jump over and see how you are all doing. Your kids are all very gorgeous! Your trip looks like fun! Hope you are doing good.

Anonymous said...

Gee Victor, you really do look Hawaiian. HaHa. Great family pic.

Cathy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time, I'm looking at these beautiful pictures as there is snow on the ground where I live... sigh.
Andrew and I got scuba certified three years ago, and just did it for the first time in Belize. The best way to describe it is as you snorkel you observe and ocean life. When you scuba you are interacting with the ocean life. It's pretty surreal. The hard part of certifying was clearing the mask, I about had a heart attack. I didn't feel claustrophobic at all, it feels like your floating. Hope that helps.