Victor, Conner, and I got up early to go out on a snorkeling/whale watching/site seeing boat. My Mom watched the little ones for us so we could do this, thanks Mom!
The day started out a bit rainy and cold but the captain told us this makes for calmer waters. That sounded great to me! We have done things like this in the past and I have gotten a little sea sick but nothing major. This time was a different story! I got soooo sea sick. I spent most of the time puking in a bag. Thank goodness there were only 6 other people on the boat with us. I did however manage to check out the beautiful views from time to time.

Just getting started out on the Catamaran.
Conner and Victor were really cute and excited about the boat trip. When Conner gets excited or nervous about something he clinches his hands together. I swear the first part of the trip he sat there with his little hands clinched in excitement.
We started out at the south side and traveled almost half way around the island up to the Na Pali coast line. It was absolutely beautiful! Even though I did spend most of the 5 hours wondering when the heck I would be able to get off the dang boat, I am still at awe of the Na Pali coast line.




The Na Pali Coastline. Isn't it breathtaking?


This arch is supposed to be famous and in a lot of movies. The only movies from the list the captain told us that I had seen were 40 Days & 40 Nights and the original King Kong.
We saw a momma whale and her calf, porpoises, sea turtles, and a manta ray on the trip along with all the colorful tropical fish when we snorkeled. We lucked out when we stopped to snorkel, the sun came out and it warmed right up and was perfect weather! The water was still a bit cold for Conner though. He only lasted about 5 minutes snorkeling. It was a great trip. We are always so amazed at what Mother Nature can produce, but it is a whole other experience to whiteness it first hand.

Porpoises.

Baby Whale.
Victor and I really need to get dive certified. It is something we have talked about for years! I keep putting it off because I am so worried about being claustrophobic. Those of you who are dive certified, what do you think?
We got back to the room and it started to rain on and off again so we just got cleaned up and went exploring with the kids. Right off the beach from the hotel we found a Monk Seal who had beached himself to take a little rest. He was fun to see!
These trees are so cool!

The seal was so cute. I am not sure if you can see his eyes, but he just laid there and watched us the whole time.Zack is also having a wonderful time telling everyone "Aloha!" When he says it, it actually sounds more like "Ahhh ha" and "Mahalo" which means thank you actually comes out like"Halla". He also invented his own language while we were there. He points his finger down to the floor and when he wants Conner to go to him he says "Beow Ca Ca". Beow? Where the heck did that come from?
My adorable boys.
Conner had us pose for him. Isn't he a good little photographer?Victor and I are huge sushi lovers. We head out for sushi at least once a week so we were so excited to get our chance to consume some Hawaiian sushi. It is the best I swear! Well maybe next to sushi in Japan, but we are yet to make it Japan so Hawaiian sushi takes the cake so far. Last year I was pregnant when we went to Hawaii so I had to sit there and watch Victor enjoy every last bite! We went to an amazing sushi restaurant that night. When we met with the concierge to have them make reservations at all of the restaurants we wanted to eat at while we were on the island I was a little worried about taking the kids to a few of the places. Some of them are definitely not places I would take my kids if we were back home. The concierge assured me that almost every restaurant on the island, no matter how fancy they are, cater to kids and have elaborate menus for them. I guess most families are in the same boat we were in, we want fine dining while on vacation but have kids to pack around to!
When we are seated at the restaurant people are looking at us. There are no other children in site! I am bit worried thinking, "Oh my gosh! What are we doing!?!? Maybe we should have not brought the kids in here." But sure enough, they bring over the high chairs, coloring for the kids, and a 5 course kids menu!!!! All of the restaurants ended up being this way and were so great with the kids! Victor and I got a kick out of the kids having a 5 course meal whenever we went out to dinner. Zack loved it! Conner is our simplest and he told us all that he wanted was a ham sandwich. He is so funny.
The sushi is wonderful! We ate so much and are stuffed!
Yum Yum! Almost too pretty to eat. . . almost.On the way to our room to get everyone to bed for the night the nightly entertainment they have on the terrace are a few young girls about Conner's age doing the Hula. They were cute and fun to watch.
I was going to post days 3 and 4 together, however just like I promised I am sure I overloaded you with pictures! I decided with the millions of pictures I put on here I better post the days separately.
Day 4 coming soon!
9 comments:
Ham sandwich? Oh Conner, tell him he should have stayed home and I would have went in his place! Next year! HEHEHEHE
Conner is getting to be quite the photographer..Takes after his mom, I see.
AWESOME!!!! We definately need to go there!
The boat trip sounds so fun!!
Sushi is so addicting, isn't it? I can make the Sushi rolls similar to the what you posted and I love them. Your pictures make me want to go on vacation so bad.
Akiko,
We seriously need to get you moved up here! What time is dinner? ;)
I thought u said the next time u go to Hawaii, u would take me... oh wait that was me begging for u to take me. I bet the boys are having a blast, looking forward to seeing the rest of ur trip!
I am so jealous! I have yet to make it to the "Mother Land"! You look like your having a great time. Bring home some of that sunshine and warm weather....would ya! I'm still freezing here!
Poor thing, I can see your puke bag on your lap!
Everything else looks beautiful! What a paradise!
wow! those photos are beautiful! I am so jealous... someday I will make it there.
Post a Comment