Conner just turned 9!!!! My how time flies, especially after you have children. Let me tell you a little about Conner. He can be a little turkey, just like any kid, but he really does have a kind and caring heart. Last year he earned one of the nine Student of the Month Awards handed out at his school (mind you there are over 500 students at his school for the staff to chose from). At the end of the year they voted on the top three and he was one of them! They pick the student of the month based on their kindness (yea, I know, some of you are shocked he is related to me! ha ha), integrity, honesty, and school work. He is adventurous and athletic. He loves to play football, skateboard, and climb on anything.
When he was three we got him his first bike. He got on it, rode it about 50 yards before he turned around and came back and told us he hated the training wheels and wanted them off. We did, thinking he would just be tipping over and want them back on. However, he just took off down the sidewalk! When Victor got him back to the house he asked us if we could take him over to the skate park so he could ride on the ramps.
We also taught him how to ski when he was three. He took to it right away too. He recently traded his skis for a snowboard and leaves us in the dust. We got walkie talkies so we take them on the mountain with us because he is always waiting for us at the end of the run.
We have a VERY dear friend, Josh, who I believe is 6'3" (help me out Robyn) and he is Conner's judgment for height. Every time we tell him something is tall he asks, "How tall? Taller than Josh? Because that is really tall!" And Poppa is Conner's judgement for age, "How old? Older than Poppa?"
Conner had a great day for his birthday and Mom and Dad really enjoyed playing with his gift (Havoc Helli's) while he was at school!

A little stroll down memory lane. . . .
A few "Out of the mouth of Conner moments":
Age 3- "Mom, you are like super white and dad is brown. Am I milk chocolate?"
Conner wanted to know why we never eat at McDonald's. I explain to him how it isn't good for us and could make us fat and Conner asks, "Has my Dad been eating at McDonald's"
Age 4- A larger gentleman was picking out some ice cream in the grocery store and as we walk by Conner loudly announces, "Mom, that guy doesn't really need that ice cream does he?"
Age 5- Some random bus driver waves to us and Victor asks why that guy was waving to us and Conner says, "Maybe it's Wave to a Mexican Day and he saw you Dad!"

Hawaii 08
Bear as a pup 06
Houston, TX 06
6th Birthday 


Old Faithful 03

2nd Birthday 

4 Days old!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Connor. I love you! And I miss you very much!
Man, I feel really old now. But, men are the only ones that age...women never get older than 25, right?
Now what?!? NINE???? It hurts to even think back that far! What a great kid! Happy Birthday Conner!
Hey Guys -
It is nice to see you blogging!! Your kids are so very cute. Sounds like life is treating you good. Are you still in BOise? Last I talked to your mom she said Victor was finishing up with nursing and you were almost done with school too - but that was at least a year ago. Where are you guys working... Keeping blogging it is nice to hear updates. Mist
mmmartinsen.blogspot.com
Hey Alison:) I was so excited to see your comment on my blog that I never update-- hee hee are you surprised... Well anyways your family is SO CUTE* Your Conner looks like your brother Jacob-- so cute* They are all so cute and I love your little comments about what they say--- You look really good, I think you should start eating at McD's to start looking more like the rest of us:) Hope to keep in touch. LOve, Cat
Those pictures bring back so many memories. I love it! Love you guys!
What an awesome little boy! He's really adventurous, isn't he? That's such a testament to you and Vic--Giving him opportunities outdoors to develop that love and talent! Good job Al! :) I love that Connor remembers Josh so well--so cute! He's about 6'4," and Annabelle is following suit--the 95th percentile for height. I just might have a supermodel on my hands. Ha ha :) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment