We are all happy and healthy which is all that really matters. However, I was watching the Today Show and they were decorating a tree. The designer said that it is believed that a bird on your Christmas tree is supposed to bring luck. Sooooo I decided I had better pick one up ASAP! I found this pretty little peacock and he will be dawning our Christmas tree from here on out. Mason has been loving him and pets it everyday.
Family shopping night. The boys were soooo excited when I told them we were doing family shop night. It always consists of a nice dinner out, picking out presents for each other, and riding around looking at Christmas lights.Me, Conner, and Zack paired up and when we entered the electronic game section Zack got so excited he started to shake and was stuttering when he tried to talk. Conner and I were laughing so hard! Can you tell that kid is a gamer? The boys were so cute running around picking things out. They kept asking me, "Do you think he will like it?"
The boys didn't want to pose for a picture. They just wanted to get out of the door for family shop night. We found some cool lights again this year. One house in particular was fabulous. Mason is still talking about it and asking to go back to the "dancing house". It was all set up to music and simply spectacular.
Gingerbread houses have been a tradition for as long as I can remember. I think it is one my mom started when I was in the 3rd grade! The boys love decorating their houses. Conner is even getting more into it and took forever to get his done!
Victor always picks me out the prettiest centerpiece for the kitchen table. This year he won one at his work Christmas party! He did have his pick and I love the one he choose!
And then there are the sugar cookies! I swear we really do have the best recipe. My sister Jennifer posted the recipe on her blog if you would like to try it.
Zack was totally into the decorating. He was getting so upset with Mason because he was making a mess. He would say, "Mason! Stop being goofy! We are decorating so make it look good!"
Naturally Mason was all about good stuff. Can you blame him?
And the very best part of decorating cookies. . . why eating your creation of course!

Well Christmas is only a week away and we are looking forward to more fun family traditions. Merry Christmas to all!
The boys didn't want to pose for a picture. They just wanted to get out of the door for family shop night. We found some cool lights again this year. One house in particular was fabulous. Mason is still talking about it and asking to go back to the "dancing house". It was all set up to music and simply spectacular.
Victor always picks me out the prettiest centerpiece for the kitchen table. This year he won one at his work Christmas party! He did have his pick and I love the one he choose!
And then there are the sugar cookies! I swear we really do have the best recipe. My sister Jennifer posted the recipe on her blog if you would like to try it.
And the very best part of decorating cookies. . . why eating your creation of course!
4 comments:
Gorgeous Centerpeice!! Way to go Vic!
all the traditions take me back... what fun memories!
It is fun to see my children follow the same traditions we had at our home as they grew up. I loved them. The boys look like they had a wonderful time with the houses and cookies.
I think I NEED one of those birds on my tree. I LOVE seeing Mason eating the frosting on his knife. Zachary sounds like a little chef. What a magical time of year, and the fun traditions create a lasting memory! Cute houses!!!
Post a Comment