Meet Candy Cane, the new temporary member of our family.Last year Victor and I heard about a thing called Elf on the Shelf. Christmas was only a week away so we planned for it this year. For those of you who not familiar with Elf on the Shelf it is a little elf that is sent to your family from Santa. Each night the elf flies home to report if the children have been naughty or nice. You are not supposed to touch the elf because he will lose his magic to fly. Every morning when the kids wake up the elf is in a new spot.
I wrapped it all up and snuck out to set at the door and when Victor arrived home from work he found a package at our door delivered to the boys from Santa! (Naturally Victor was in on the plan).
The boys hurriedly unwrapped it to see what was inside.
We have had a lot of fun finding Candy Cane each morning. One afternoon I found Mason with a chair pushed over trying to get the elf. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "My going to get Candy Cane". (The boys always say "my" when they refer to themselves instead of me or I). I asked why he needed Candy Cane and reminded him we are not supposed to touch him. Mason responded, "My going to hide him". I asked why on earth he was going to hide him and he said, "For he no tell Santa my be naughty!" I laughed and asked him if he had been naughty to which he replied, "Just little bit".We also got a huge amount of snow this week! They even cancelled school. We are snow people and love every inch of it. The second the boys see a snowflake they are begging to get outside and play. We had a fun snow day and are looking forward (wishing, praying, dreaming) to more
just like it.
just like it.

5 comments:
Smart idea about the elf being delivered by Santa. We have an elf named "Tulip" and I made the mistake of just putting her out one day and it is driving Hadley crazy about how she got to our house in the first place! I should've thought that one through!!
We were looking at your last picture on this post and Casey asked, "What is on Allison's head?"...lol. Anyways, you guys always do fun stuff!
that is so cute! especially mason saying he has been little bit naughty! too funny!
St. Nick brought us our Elf "Cosmo" on St. Nick's day. It was an attempt to get Gage to behave! When I tried to remind him that Cosmo was watching he said, "He can't see me, his eyes are fake!" Once he flew home to Santa and was back in a different place the next day he started to buy into it. Such a fun book!
i Love the magic of this time of the year. the first wonderful heavy snow fall and the darling elf on a shelf. It creates such a mystical environment. The magic of only being young once. Love those boys! So CUTE!!!
Post a Comment