/* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#ffffff; margin:0; color:#000d0d; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#0d0000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#e94600; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#8dc3b7; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; text-align: center; color:#281806; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 246% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#281806; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#281806; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 77% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 88% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#000d0d; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#8dc3b7; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#8dc3b7; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000d0d; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#000d0d; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #000d0d; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #0d0d00; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000d0d; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sisterly Shopping Weekend!

The girls in my family have had a tradition 11 years running now! We, my sisters, mom, and sister-in-law all get together and spend a few days in SLC Christmas shopping. No kids and no husbands, well there have been a few nursing babies who have joined us in years past, but just a fun girlie weekend! Normally we go a little closer to Christmas. However, schedules were booked this year so we got a bit of an early start.
My sister Jennifer and I booked our flights to arrive at the same time. I quickly booked it from my terminal and made it to hers just as she was deboarding her plane. I was so excited to see her and get our fun weekend started!
Greeting Jen @ the airport

My cute little momma picked us up and we hit the ground running! It is funny how many times we hit the same stores. I think we made our way to Nordstrom about 6 times in our 3 day span we were there. Funny how you find things you missed the first few times around. We hit Park City for some shopping as well.
My sisters are foodies along with myself. We are getting my mom on board, but we are thrilled to get her out of her box. We not only made this trip about shopping but about yummy food and new restaurants as well. I was tickled pink to get back to Lone Star Tqueria again for their delicious fish tacos!!! We also hit up Bombay House, Market Street Grill, and Windy Ridge in Park City. No complaints about any of these places except that I don't live close enough to eat there more often!

Mom and Jen with mouths full of yummy food @ Lone Star

Camille, Erin, Mom, & Jen @ Market Street Grill

I was most thrilled to get my sister up early in the morning to squeeze in a quick workout at our hotel gym to before venturing out for the day. That way I can eat what I want and not feel so guilty about it or gain 10 lbs! Thanks Jen!

Jen, me, & mom on our last day :(



Our inside joke from this year's trip- my lips are sealed. . . . except when I am laughing about it!

Jennifer's and my flight also left at the same time. Boy was I ever sooooo grateful to have her there to help me pull off my big ol' boots in security. The TSA guys were laughing and joking with us but there is no way I could have done it without Jen! It was also so nice to sit and BS with my sis before our flights left. I don't get to see her that often or spend as much time with her and her family as I would like so I was thankful to have the time that we did.

Thanks so much to all my girls Millie, Mom, Erin, and Jen for another wonderful sisterly shopping weekend! And a special thanks to Howard for our hotel. I can't wait til' next year. . . in Houston!!!!!

And a BIG HUG AND KISS my little hubby. I don't know if he really missed me or was just bored, but there were several texts, calls, and pics of the boys sent while I was away. I also came home to spotless sparkling house. You are the best babe!

4 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

We are headed shopping with the sisters this weekend! I hope the hubby can survive the weekend without me!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Al for keeping the inside joke...inside! UGH! NOt to mention the goofy picture at the airport. Thanks to Victor for making it possible for us to have so much fun!It was lots of fun, Glad we timed our tickets. I guess next time we will know that the TSA has a boot horn. Hee Hee.... I was happy to help you get them off! LOL.

Anonymous said...

It was a WONDERFUL weekend, so much fun, laughs, great food and fun spending money shopping. I am counting the days till next year. Thanks to all the husbands who took charge of the kids while we were having fun. Love you all.

Camille said...

well if there wasn't a picture to prove it, it would sound like it was a shopping weekend with just you and jen!