I guess what better time than a birthday to "brag" about my Conner. Here are just a few fun facts about him:
- He learned to speak 5 different languages in preschool, including sign language.
- He cares VERY much about other people's feelings. He wouldn't be able to sleep at night if he thought he made someone at school feel bad.
- He is an excellent student and is in advanced curriculum at school.
- He loves football, baseball, running, scouts, swimming, skiing, snowboarding, pretty much any sport or anything you can do outside. But the ones listed are his very favorite.
- Conner is very creative and can build ANYTHING out of Legos.
- He is shy.
- He is the pickiest eater in the world!
- Conner is the BEST big brother ever! I don't know what we would ever do without him. His brothers adore him and shrill with delight when they hear him getting home from school every day.
Conner was a little disappointed that his Gram and Poppa were not going to make up for his birthday. My parents had an unexpected emergency come up but were able to make it over after all! Everyone was thrilled! Conner has had a very special relationship with my mom and dad since he was baby. We spent a lot of time there when Victor was always deployed and he just loves doing anything with either of them. Gram has always read books, played games, and basically spoiled the kids to death. I overheard Conner telling a friend that his Poppa was "the coolest Poppa ever who goes and does lots of cool things with him and isn't like one of those old grandpas who just sits around. My Poppa takes me to shoot guns, ride horses, ride the 4-wheeler or motorcycles, and goes to cool hunting stores".
Conner started his special day out with a football game. He played outstanding!!!! The team was cute and sang happy birthday to him and even the announcer wished him a happy birthday.
Conner wanted a pumpkin pie for his birthday instead of cake.
My dad took my game ticket and Victor, Poppa, and Conner headed down to do some tailgating and go to the BSU game. When Conner was going to bed I asked him if he had a good birthday and he told me it was the best birthday ever because he got to go to the game with the men in his life, his Poppa and his dad. I thought that was pretty cute.
Because of the game we took him out for his birthday dinner the next day (birthday dinner at their restuarant of choice is always a tradition for the birthday kid or adult). Conner choose his favorite, PF Changs. I think he had a great birthday weekend and I have a feeling the next year is going to by like a flash.
6 comments:
Conner, You are a very special boy. Sounds like you had an incredible birthday!
ELEVEN!!!!!!?????? Wow, time flies. Happy Birthday Conner!
Eleven is heaven! Such a fun age!! Happy Birthday Conner!!
I can't believe he is 11. Mom said he sat and played his new DSi all weekend! Sounds like Noah. Don't interrupt him when he has that thing is his hands!
It turned out to be a fun weekend, especially helping Conner celebrate #11. Wow, where does the time go.
I think I am getting old, I started tearing up a little reading this post. I think I was missing your dad. Sounds crazy I know! Great job to you both for raising such a great kid!
Post a Comment