
Conner wanted to make an "official" looking race car and Victor suggested Lightning McQueen. Conner thought it was a great idea because he wanted to make his little brothers happy who just happen to love the movie Cars. I think they did an awesome job! And his little brothers were so excited to cheer for him!
The scout pack that Conner belongs to hired a cool pinewood derby pro. The man has a cool electronic set up and even built a fun podium for the winners. They turn the lights off and call each out scout out individually and shine a spotlight on them and tell a few things about them. It was fun and made all of the boys feel special.
Conner ended up taking third overall (I think there were around 15 boys total)!! He even got a cool little pinewood derby badge to pin on his uniform. His car was also voted "Most Hollywood". It was such a fun little activity for father and son. I think it is safe to say that Victor was just as excited and thrilled as Conner.

Conner also got a few more awards. Way to Conner!Just a little FYI for friends who share the same city as us. Victor and I discovered the most wonderful restaurant this weekend! It was so yummy that I seriously can not stop thinking about it and had to share. Our food was supurb and I can not wait to go back. Check it out, Cafe Vicino. I had the prosciutto wrapped chicken and Victor had the halibut, both were so yum, yum, yummy! There are those who eat to live, and those who live to eat. I most certainly fall in the latter category! :) I hope you get a chance to try it, be sure to make reservations if you do.
4 comments:
Awesome Conner. You are a winner! Great looking car. Victor is so creative. Congratulations.
Good job Conner! That is awesome! I love the car!
How Fun! Pinewood derby is lots of fun for the whole family! Good Job Conner and Victor, love your car!
Ka-chow!! I bet it floated like a cadillac and stung like a beemer! Nice paint job, Ramone would be impressed. Great job on the car!
Post a Comment