We started off the first weekend with an early celebration with our good friends Jeff and Rebekah. We had dinner at one of my new favorite restaurants, Brick 29 Bistro. We had a wonderful time and just love Jeff and Rebekah, they are good people all the way around.
Next up was our fun trip to Kristen's cabin, which I already blogged about.
And then my Mom and Dad came up for a weekend party! My Mom's birthday is the day before mine and it has always been a fun celebration growing up. They arrived a little late to our house but I had my Mom's favorite, an Angel Food Cake, waiting for her. I adore my Mom. My kids adore their Gram and their Poppa. When they know they are coming everyone is so excited. Their little Grammie is the best. She is always reading, playing games, doing puzzles, pretty much anything the kids want to do. The boys think Gram and Poppa's house is the greatest place on earth. My Mom has a pure heart of gold. She does so much for all of us. I am sure my brothers and sisters would agree that we would all be lost without her. We had a great weekend of shopping and I even got my Mom to try a new restaurant. . . sushi!!! Happy birthday Mom! You are the best!
Poppa & Gram 
To top the month off, we had dinner with some more good friends at the Melting Pot. This seems to have become a fun birthday party every year. I felt a little bad, we were all laughing so hard throughout our dinner. I am sure we ruined a romantic evening for those around us. Oh well, we had fun! 
Food, parties, family, friends, it was all great. But I must say, my most memorable moment of this birthday was a birthday card from my best bud Krista. It really was impecable! Krista is so funny and creative. Her hubby is responsible for helping to start an awesome company called SendOutCards.com, which is where the best birthday card in the world came from! Check out their site when you get some time (my card was a custom creation). I will honestly be laughing about that card for the rest of my life!
Ohhhh til next year!
7 comments:
Well, happy late birthday! So glad it was GREAT!
And, Mom's are the BEST!!!!
Amen on us having the BEST mom and our kids having the BEST grandma! Everything you said about her is so ture! I love the pic of you two! So cute! So happy you had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Month! There's NOTHING like a great Momma! Now you are one too!
I am so glad you had a wonderful Month of celebrating !Looks like you have some wonderful friends to help you celebrate. Yes ! we do have the best parents that are loved and adored by ALL the grandchildren.
Happy belated birthday!!
Happy Birthday! What a great birthday month. I love the Melting Pot, it's so much fun.
So much fun! Thanks for the shout out. "O" the Melting Pot...
Post a Comment