Conner's football is finally over! I loved watching him play. He really stepped up and got much more aggressive as the season went on. However, I will not be missing practices five days a week and games that take up every single Saturday. His team lost their first game and won all of the rest. Even pulling a big win for their last name (a nail biter!) and beating an undefeated team. Way to go Conner!
With football taking up every second and both Victor and I being immersed with work (especially Victor, thanks for job security H1N1!) I was worried it would be to cold and rainy at the end of the month for us to ever make it to the pumpkin patch. However, we capitalized on some sunshine and the kids had a blast running around trying to find their perfect pumpkin! There is just something about the pumpkin patch, maybe similar to what my friends tell me who cut down their own Christmas trees. I think I will still stick with my fake "little tree that could" anyway! :) The sky clouded up and it started to rain about a half hour after we left. We totally got lucky on that one!

My super amazing hubby who has been working his little butt off all week also ran his first half marathon this weekend. I don't know how he did it, he had to be totally exhausted, it has been such a busy week and he put in a lot of extra hours helping out at work. We are so proud of him. He took 8th in his age group of men (30-39 yrs old) and took 33rd out of 150+ people.
The race was really cool. It was called Prison Break and was obviously held at the prison. There were a lot of people dressed up in stripes and orange jumpsuits, they had a cool vintage war plane fly over, SWAT teams, and they sounded the alarm to start the race. Needless to say, my boys loved it!
The boys talking to Victor after the race. Conner and Zack were so sad that I forgot to pick them up some posterboard to make signs for thier Dad. Opps!
6 comments:
so cute of the boys with the pumpkins! i bet they can't wait to carve them!
Looks like fun, and WAY TO GO Vic!!! AWESOME!!!
Hey!! Yes...it's been FOREVER since we've seen you guys :( We miss you and think about you a lot. Your boys are so dang cute, and sound like so much fun! Vic is doing awesome with the running; I totally admire people that can do it! I'm among the faint-hearted who don't even try :) Looks like Conner had a great season in football--Woohoo for Conner!!!
Wow, way to go Victor! and thats great for Conner's little football team!! Im sure yall will have a blast crving those pumpkins, too. Can't wait to see them.
Congrats to Conner on all his wins in football. Way to go Victor. Congratulations to him on a great run. He is so amazing. We are proud of him. The boys look so cute in the pumpkin patch.
I love reading your blog I often find myself just catching a glipse of pictures then I try to figure it out (on my own) whats going on due to having less time to read new posts. With that being said I'm so glad I got to read your post this morning! Such a cute busy little family are you :)
Post a Comment