Poor drugged Bear right after surgery.If you are anything like us, then your "pet" is just another one of your kids. Bear, our black lab, had been hobbling around for a while so Vic took him into the vet. When they got back Vic told me I better sit down. My heart was pounding, "What? Sit down? This must not be good!" Victor proceeded to tell me that Bear had major damage in his knee and has also torn his ACL (we are sure from this escape artist jumping our fence all of the time), we could leave it and he would get a little better but would always hobble and have major arthritis when he gets older or operate.
"Well of course we are going to operate!" I tell him.
Victor says, "Well maybe you might want to know how much the surgery is going to cost."
He shows me the estimate. . . I think I left a brown mark in my chair! "Are you serious?!?! Since when did dog surgery start costing as much as human surgery?!?!?"
Long story made short, we couldn't leave our beloved Bear the way he was and we had the surgery. He is only two and maybe it would have been a different story if he was Ben (our other dog) who is 11. The kids were VERY concerned about what was going on with Bear. We all just love that dang dog so much!

Bear is totally Mason's dog. He would walk to up to him and say, "Oh Bear!" and give him a big love. Or he would just lay with him (or on him) and watch TV.
5 comments:
Oh, Bear! I hope the surgery helps! Call if you guys need ANYTHING.
I hope Bear starts feeling better very very soon. You feel so helpless when a member of your family is in pain!!
We operated on Koa's knee last summer...and it took almost our entire tax return...and now he is jumping & just ran a 7 min mile with Eric!!
Get well soon Bear!!!
Poor Bear, I hope he is doing better. I guess he didn't get to jump into dad's lap while they were there? How did he get his loves from dad?
Poor Thing!!! I hope he gets better soon!
Mom said you put a new pic of the boys up! I love it, way cute!
Post a Comment