Conner took an advanced math test. They gave it to his entire grade level (approximately 125 students). Only 3 of the kids actually finished the test and Conner was one of them! He got an 87%. Conner said one little boy got a 100% and the other kid who finished got a 22%. We are really excited for Conner and hope he keeps up the good work for the rest of his academic career. Victor taught him a long time ago, I think when Conner was three, that he should always remember 3 little words. What are those three little words you might ask. . "Full Ride Scholarship!" We tell him it doesn't matter how he gets it, sports, academic, the band, whatever. We just want him to strive for something and work hard to achieve it.
After lunch one afternoon I was doing flash cards with Conner. After we had worked through them I set them down and Zack ran over and picked them up then proceeded to hold them up for Conner to answer. If Conner answered something silly Zackie would tell him in the most serious upset voice, "NO Ca Ca!" He would only put the card down and move onto the next one if Conner actually answered some sort of number. We got a big kick out of it.

And little Mace. He just loves our black lab, Bear, and follows him everywhere. Bear is such a good dog. He doesn't even flinch when the kids climb all over him. Zack tries to ride him like a horse. We love Bear! Our other dog, Ben, runs from the kids!

Mason is definitely on cloud 9 here- his 2 favorite things, playing under the table and with Bear!We had a beautiful spring weekend and spent every moment of it outside. Like I said, I love my dogs, but I sure do hate patching up their pee spots every spring! Our yard doesn't start looking good until the end of May! 

The boys soaked up every ray of sunshine they possibly could. After all, where we live it could be 85 degrees today and snowing tomorrow.
Victor put together a co-ed softball team with some of our friends. We had our first game this week and had a blast! I am not going to say who won because I don't want to jinx us for the rest of the season. We look forward to our games and having a blast with our buds. I am sure I will be blogging more on this later.
3 comments:
So GREAT to see the sun!!! And, you are correct, the weather can change in five minutes!!!!
good job conner! one smart fart if you ask me! sounds like a fun weekend! miss you guys!
Wow, a smartie on your hands! I love Vic's advise!! WAY TO GO!
Post a Comment