/* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#ffffff; margin:0; color:#000d0d; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#0d0000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#e94600; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#8dc3b7; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; text-align: center; color:#281806; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 246% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#281806; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#281806; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 77% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 88% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#000d0d; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#8dc3b7; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#8dc3b7; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000d0d; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#000d0d; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #000d0d; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #0d0d00; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000d0d; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Boys, Spring Break, & SLC

Wow! Where the heck did March go?!?! March seemed to fly by for us, it was a very busy, but fun month.

The boys:
Conner-The day after we got home from Hawaii Conner had his spring music program. It was 50's themed and for not practicing for a whole week Conner did pretty good!

One night when I was getting the kids ready for bed Conner said, "Oh yea Mom, I got something today." He ran down stairs to get it and I thought for sure it was going to for something he wanted to buy or some sports program he wanted me to sign him up for. Well, he comes in and hands it to me and he was awarded Student of the Week! I am proud of Conner. He really is such a sweet compassionate little guy who is always so concerned about others. I know I certainly wasn't the nicest in school (and I am so sorry to those I was ever mean to!) so I try to make it a point for Conner to recognize other people's feelings. So, with that and Victor diluting my DNA for Conner, he is a pretty good kid!
Spring Concert 2009- Conner is on the second row from the bottom.
Student of the Week!

Zack-There is nothing really new with Zack. He was showing some interest in potty training before we left for Hawaii and now wants nothing to do with it. Ugh! I have a feeling it is going to be a long road with him. I am open to any of your suggestions in that area! Conner was to easy. We had to go down to my parent's house during spring break and ever since we have been home he has been asking to go back to Poppa's house and also asking every day where Poppa is. We did put Zack in a "Big Boy" bed and he is doing really well so far. We are also working on learning colors and Spanish this month.
We told Zackie to stand by Mace and say cheese. So he walked over and stood right in front of Mace.

Mace- Mason is getting so big! He says: Momma, Dad, Hi, Ugh-Oh, and he will get our cell phones and put them up to his ear and say hooo. He will not eat anything besides stage 2 baby food, maybe we will get him to stage 3 by the time he turns 2! When we were in Hawaii, we discovered he was getting 4 top teeth all at the same time. He is also pulling himself up on things and walking with our assistance.

Mace was crawling around then he stopped and laid on his side like this just smiling at me- almost like he was purposely posing for me. Funny kid!

Walking with Dad's help.

Spring Break & SLC.

For spring break I had to head down south for meetings. The boys and I drove down and stayed at my parents house. Going to my parents is seriously like Disneyland for my kids. They love their Gram and Poppa and my parents have everything imaginable for the kids to do and play with. Their wonderful Gram plays games with them, reads books, puts together puzzles, and makes them all sorts of goodies. The kids are in heaven. But I think their most favorite is wrestling with their Poppa.
The boys and their Gram! We LOVE Gram!
They boys also got to play with their cousins Shelby and Noah. Cute little Shelby loves to hug and kiss Zackie and he just thinks it is torture. She is so cute!

Vic had to work when we needed to leave, so on Tuesday he hopped a flight to SLC so he could be with us the rest of the week and drive home with me. The plan was for me and Conner to pick him up (without the little ones) and go to dinner and the movie Escape to Witch Mountain. But right when I was getting ready to leave Conner decided he didn't want to go. I picked Vic up and we were having a craving for a good Mexican meal. Not knowing where to go in SLC I remembered the name of a restaurant we always went to when I was little in Ogden. So we called our OnStar and they looked it up for us and sent turn by turn directions to the Yukon (this is seriously one of the best features ever- way better than a GPS). The food was as yummy as I remembered. . . great, another place for me to crave!

The week went by fast and the boys had a blast. At the end of the week Vic and I headed back down to SLC for a day by ourselves of shopping and visiting old friends. We first hit up Ikea. I miss Ikea from our old WA days, if not just for the shopping, for the Swedish meatballs! It was nice to be able to walk around and look with no kids crying or pulling on me.

We then went to see my best bud ever, Krista! I miss my little Krista. Her and her kids were so cute. I may have had to bribe them with candy, but I must say I think they kind of liked me! I am sure the next time they see me they will have forgotten who I am. Krista ditched us for dinner to go to a David Archuleta concert. I am still heart broken I got passed up for David Archuleta! However, before we left we had a little fun with Krista's life sized cut out of Edward. Krista had a little Twilight party that Edward was a prop for. You have to check out her blog about the party, it looked like fun! Sorry I didn't make it down in time for the party, but I will totally be there for New Moon.
Me and pretty little Krista.
Krista's son, Gavin, is our most amazing photographer!

Edward stopped by to see us.

Next up was Fashion Place. I HAD to hit up Nordstroms! I haven't been there for a while and as were looking for a place to park I noticed the part of the mall where Nordstrom was had the sign taken down!!!! I let out a huge gasp! What??? What the heck happened to my Nordstrom!?!? For those of you who know me well , you know how I LOVE my Nordstrom! Their Anniversary Sale in July is like a religious holiday for me. Victor laughed at me and told me to relax and that it looked they had added on a new section for Nordstroms. Thank goodness!
I really wanted to go to Park City, but Victor had made some plans with some of our other friends and we didn't have time (hopefully next trip). Our friends are well worth passing up Park City though. We then met up a couple of Victor's very best buds ever, Josh and his beautiful wife Robyn, and Casey and his beautiful wife Akiko. We had a scrumptious dinner at an Italian restaurant called Biego (I think it was Biego, or something like that) at the Gateway and I swear were laughing the whole time! All of our friends have come, and continue to come, visit us wherever we have lived, so it is fun to go see them .
From left to right: Casey & Akiko, Me & Vic, Robyn & Josh.
We then did a little shopping with everyone and headed home. SLC was such a great trip. We love being able to see our friends. Seriously, there is nothing like an old friend. I think it was Elbert Hubbard who said, "Your friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you". In fact, every time we visit these same friends Vic always starts talking about moving to SLC. It would be an easy move for us, but I just really love where we are at now. I think he just misses his buddies and their "male bonding".
We may be in our 30's now but it doesn't mean we have to act like it. heee heee Sorry Akiko, I totally put Casey up to that one!
It was great to see everyone. I can't wait for all of you guys to come visit us!

This is just a pic Conner took of us before a party recently- I just liked it!

4 comments:

Casey and Akiko said...

Nice pictures! You should come down more often...well, you should move down here. It was so nice to see you guys in SLC. I like that Casey acts totally like a high school kid around Victor. We should go to Park City together next time when you are down here.

Camille said...

Sounds like fun! Thanks for mentioning the wonderful hour and a half we spent together doing crafts! : )

Piper said...

MOVE HERE!!!!!!!! There are lots of houses for sale in my neighborhood!!!

The Davendorks said...

I agree, you should move here! SLC is way closer to Malad than Boise is. So much more shopping!! It was good to see you guys, sorry about dinner. How is PX90 going? Your kids are so dang cute I need to come see them!