Big Vic on the pitching mound!As I mentioned in my previous post, our softball team had our first game last week. We won by a land side but weren't so skilled last night and lost by 3 runs!
It was a little harder pill to swallow because the team that beat us were kind-of little jerks. (I am really not a complainer but seriously, JERKS!) The ump was buddies with a few of their team members and would chat it up and joke around with them when they would come up bat, which would explain a few questionable calls that went in their favor. And then one our team members, Jason, dislocated his shoulder on a base slide and had to go the ER and the other team was mad because it was taking up time from the game. Seriously? What is wrong with people!?!?! Someone is hurt and they are concerned about game time? Hummm, I just don't get people sometimes.
Anyway, despite all that, we still had a great time with our friends which is the purpose of having a team anyway right? We couldn't get a baby sitter for our game so we drug the kids along. They were great and seemed to really enjoy watching us play. They were cheering and clapping for us all on their own, even Mason would squeal and clap his little hands. Vic is our pitcher and Zack would yell, "Come on Dad!" It was cute. I discovered I happened to have my camera in the stroller so I snapped a few pictures to share. Meet our team, they are the best!

Chris, Kristen, & Paula
Amy, Bob, Kim, Caleb, & Joe 
Noelle & Dani
Vic, Noelle, Caleb, & Joe
Cute little Mace.
Mason (it was supposed to rain, so we were prepaired!) and good big brother Conner!
Jason is up off the ground and on his way to the ER. I guess the one thing we do have in our favor in cases of injury, is that 3/4 of our team are nurses!
Our team is Big Al's Bruisers and one of our friends on the team (who owns his own insurance company) decided at the last minute he was going to buy every one's jersey. Thanks Caleb! So I quickly went back to the PhotoShop drawing board and put his company name on there. I think they turned out great!
Til' softball next week when we rally back from our devastating loss!
8 comments:
you are so nice i would have called them DICKS, not jerks. anyway, i know you wish i was there to be on your team again! looks like a lot of fun despite of all the other problems! love the pics of the boys, where is my zackie?
What totaly JERKS!!!! At least you are having fun!!!! You can borrow my helpers any time, you just have to be able to put up with thier DRAMA!!!!
That looks like so much fun. Are you on a city team?
How fun! So, you work for an insurance co. or what?
So cute that big brother Ca-Ca can babysit!
No, we don't work for an insurance company. Our friend owns it and is on our team. He and his wifie are awesome.
Looks like so much fun....you be careful that you aren't in the ER too. Imagine being hurt and chasing the boys around. NOT GOOD. Sorry about the JERKS, amazing they are all over the place. I would rather you loose and than win and be JERKS. How is Jason?
I am so jealous it sounds like so much fun. Actually it sounds like all you and Victor do is have fun or vacation - do you guys work?? Just kidding.
Good luck at your next game - I'll be expecting you to report a win.
Ok i was just trying something out and wanted to see what it did, thanks for letting me use your blog to do it! : )
Post a Comment