/* Variable definitions ==================== */ /* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ body { background:#ffffff; margin:0; color:#000d0d; font:x-small Georgia Serif; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; text-align: center; } a:link { color:#0d0000; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#e94600; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#8dc3b7; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ #header-wrapper { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } #header-inner { background-position: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #header { margin: 5px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; text-align: center; color:#281806; } #header h1 { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:15px 20px .25em; line-height:1.2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; font: normal bold 246% Georgia, Times, serif; } #header a { color:#281806; text-decoration:none; } #header a:hover { color:#281806; } #header .description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 15px; max-width:700px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; line-height: 1.4em; font: normal normal 77% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #ffffff; } #header img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } /* Outer-Wrapper ----------------------------------------------- */ #outer-wrapper { width: 660px; margin:0 auto; padding:10px; text-align:left; font: normal normal 88% Georgia, Utopia, 'Palatino Linotype', Palatino, serif;; } #main-wrapper { width: 410px; float: left; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } #sidebar-wrapper { width: 220px; float: right; word-wrap: break-word; /* fix for long text breaking sidebar float in IE */ overflow: hidden; /* fix for long non-text content breaking IE sidebar float */ } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:normal normal 78% 'Trebuchet MS',Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#000d0d; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ h2.date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .post h3 { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#8dc3b7; } .post h3 a, .post h3 a:visited, .post h3 strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#8dc3b7; font-weight:normal; } .post h3 strong, .post h3 a:hover { color:#000d0d; } .post-body { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } .post-body blockquote { line-height:1.3em; } .post-footer { margin: .75em 0; color:#000d0d; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.4em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #e95b1d; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color: #000d0d; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block .comment-author { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block .comment-body { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block .comment-footer { margin:-.25em 0 2em; line-height: 1.4em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } #blog-pager-newer-link { float: left; } #blog-pager-older-link { float: right; } #blog-pager { text-align: center; } .feed-links { clear: both; line-height: 2.5em; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ .sidebar { color: #0d0d00; line-height: 1.5em; } .sidebar ul { list-style:none; margin:0 0 0; padding:0 0 0; } .sidebar li { margin:0; padding-top:0; padding-right:0; padding-bottom:.25em; padding-left:15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } .sidebar .widget, .main .widget { border-bottom:1px dotted #e95b1d; margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; } .main .Blog { border-bottom-width: 0; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ .profile-img { float: left; margin-top: 0; margin-right: 5px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0; padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #e95b1d; } .profile-data { margin:0; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; color: #000d0d; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-textblock { margin: 0.5em 0; line-height: 1.6em; } .profile-link { font: normal normal 78% Georgia, Times, serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: .1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; padding-top:15px; line-height: 1.6em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; text-align: center; } -->

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Midlife Crisis

Old fogies.

Wow, I just hit the big 3-0! Happy Birthday to me! I didn't think my 30th birthday would be any big event or any different from my other birthdays. However, as the big day got closer I started to think more and more about things.
I remember when 30 was soooo old. I still buy clothes from the same stores with teeny boppers, should I have outgrown this by now? I don't know! I am even a bit embarrassed to admit that I even recently purchased a shirt from Gap Kids!!! (It was super cute though!) Am I one of those who is ancient and trying to stay forever young? You are only as old as you feel right? I still feel like I am 21!
I also spent most of the morning examining my wrinkles, wondering if my crows feet were getting bigger. Yuck! My most wonderful hubby took for a full day of shopping. I went to the Bobby Brown counter just to get some more powder. . . yep almost $200 later I walked away all new "anti wrinkle" creams and a whole new youthful look.
Is it possible to have a midlife crisis at 30? I honestly usually can't remember how old I am. One of my best buds, Krista, and Victor are usually constantly reminding of my real age. Everyone drilled into my head I was 30 this year so now I remember! I think I liked it better when I was naive to the fact of my true age.
We celebrated with an all day shopping excursion and dinner at the Melting Pot with some friends followed by a girls day with shopping and a movie the next afternoon with a few of my other friends who couldn't make it the night before. Thanks to everyone for celebrating with us and all of your phone calls and well wishes. It really means a lot to me. I love you guys! PS- Krista and Robyn, everytime we go to the Melting Pot I think about you guys! ha ha Remember when. . . ;)
Paula & Chris- I caught Paula at just the right moment of putting food in her mouth!
Cute little Tif.
My adorable Dani- I am sure the look of shock is because she is astounded I am 30!
Vic and Kelton.
Well, old or not, walker or no walker, lots of wrinkles or just a few I do have so much in my life to be grateful for. My kids are healthy and happy, I have a wonderful husband who loves and spoils me, we have the best friends and family who would do anything for us (as we would for them), we have roof over our heads, and food on the table! I guess I will just keep living my life like I am 21 with just a tad more wisdom, it seems to be working well so far!

To my sweet little Victor, thanks so much for making my birthday extra special and doing so with a big smile on your face. You're the best! I love you.

10 comments:

Casey and Akiko said...

Happy birthday!! I am getting used to being 30 now. I completely agree on still shopping at teeny boppers stores. I still buy clothes from Forever 21 and Hollisters.. Anyways, I am glad you had a great birthday!

Soccer Mom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! How fun to go on an all day shopping spree!

The Barker Clan said...

Well, for 30, you look amazing! Congrats on the big day and I am glad to hear that Victor took care of you! He is a great guy and you have a wonderful family. Like you said, a lot to be thankful for!

The Davendorks said...

30 looks good on you. I happy to hear you celebrated at my our favorite place:) 30 is nothing wait till 50 and then I think we'll start to feel a little old.

M-n-M said...

You look hot for 30:)

Sounds like Victor takes good care of you - glad the day was great.

And happy birthday! I am right behind you in august - ugh

Krazy Keetch's said...

Happy Birthday to you! I hope I look as good as you when I am 30! You could pass for 21 by the way.

Camille said...

Sounds like a fun day! Glad you had a Happy Birthday, you are an old folgie like the rest of us now!

Cathy said...

Let me know how the Bobby Brown eye cream works. I've been using Eye Believe by Philosophy. My sister swears by StriVectin. I was thinking about changing, I need some stronger stuff.

teawclark said...

Happy Belated Birthday Allison! It is so good to hear that you guys are doing so well-- The Big 30 was shocking but it's just a number I guess. I just keep looking at it this way... Mike will always be 5 years older.. Ha Ha!

Robyn said...

You still look 21! And...I'm SO jealous of your Bobby Brown shopping! I soooo need new skin care and makeup! Ohhhh and I found a gray hair the other day; how's that for 30?!

Talking about the Melting Pot makes me really hungry!