One of our favorite family pass times is the river. We love to float it, but last summer Zack was too little and this summer Mason was too little. So we settled on a little sand bar close to campus where the kids could play. We try to make an afternoon out of it and pick up some sushi for a picnic and then take the kids over to the sand bar and play fetch with Bear.


On our last trip to the river we forgot Zack's water shoes so he wore his Crocs. Naturally when you play in sand and water, your feet get nasty. So I took his Crocs off before I put him in the car. We went home and that was that. UNTIL Zack asked for his "shoes" we couldn't find them anywhere! I am pretty sure I left them on the ground when we loaded the kids into the car. The next few days were torture! Zack would put his little hands up (like you do when you ask where is it) and say "Shoe go? Shoe go Momma?" I would tell him shoes were gone and he would cry "Shoe Momma, shoe". He was so cute running all over the house looking for them, under the couch, under his bed, in the closets, everywhere. What a great mom I am to lose my child's pride possession!
Well Victor and I were doing some shopping in REI and what did Zack's little eyes spy but a pair of Crocs! He got so excited and started breathing so fast and pointing and screaming "Shoe, shoe, shoe!" They were even the fuzzy lined ones perfect for the fall! And now all is well in our household that Zackie has Crocs once more. Funny the things we are attached to as a child.


3 comments:
So cute! I got my first pair this summer...and I wear them everywear!
Casey and I own generic crocs from Target, but Casey bought Hiro Chicago Bear crocs two weeks ago and he loves them! Anyways, your blog is very cute!!
Heya!
I am so glad you said hi. I am quite the blog stalker... So I am thrilled that you decided to take a peek. Your little guys are so stinkin cute. I didn't realize you had three. If you don't mind I am going to add you to my blog list. It's so great to hear from you!
Post a Comment